Looking for a Used Glock 34...Any Condition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Just out of curiousity, what are those selling for these days? For a while there, Glock wouldn't even sell one unless you were LE... same with the cut-away gun. I never could figure out the "logic" behind that policy...

I've got a "work in progress" myself. Unfortunately, the work is far above my ability to perform. So I gotta wait on the artisan...:wtc:

ASP Red Gun is about $50.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Used Glock? isn't that like a used rubber? Nobody knows how many people its been used on, nobody admits to knowing where it actually came from, but they swear it isn't theirs when the wife finds it under the car seat.

j/k good luck with the search.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Just out of curiousity, what are those selling for these days? For a while there, Glock wouldn't even sell one unless you were LE... same with the cut-away gun. I never could figure out the "logic" behind that policy...

I'm waiting to get confirmation but I fear it will be regular price + $50, at least that's what they were running last time I checked.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Jeez. They're proud of that...

Why not just get one of those yellow training/demo "barrels"?

I've got one of the red anodized training barrels that some gunsmith was making years ago and one of the yellow plastic ones that BladeTech offers, but they don't let you set up FTE/double feeds.

JBP55 said:
    Lone Wolf and ASP Red Guns are about $50 shipped.

I've got several of the Blackhawk, Rings and Duncan dummy guns. Right now, the Blackhawk dummies are the best value [retail $30] but they only offer five models. As Spanky and LSP mentioned, it's the red frame, mechanically functional, non-firing Glock that I'm after.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If the Red Gun cost more than a new Glock you May want to Paint and Modify an old beater Glock where it will function but Not Fire. But then again for safety reasons you may not want this.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If something goes bad wrong, and he's using a Glock Red Gun, then Glock will share in the liability.

If he's using a formerly functional piece that he modified or had modified, then the whole monkey is on his back.

Twenty years ago, nobody worried about this. I personally have made numerous "red-handles" out of K-frame revolvers, P226s, and a couple of 870s.

Too many ****** lawyers have screwed that up; especially the ones who actually are firearms-savvy.

That is why I said he may not want to do this for safety reasons. I implied but did not include the term liability.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have no idea what yall are talking about with the red and blue glocks but couldn't you just remove the firing pin and spring to make it functional but non firing? I have heard of some training people put something like jb weld in the firing pin area so one could not be inserted and the paint the gun.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have no idea what yall are talking about with the red and blue glocks but couldn't you just remove the firing pin and spring to make it functional but non firing? I have heard of some training people put something like jb weld in the firing pin area so one could not be inserted and the paint the gun.

red glock functions but will not fire, blue glock shoots simunitions

g17r-right-full.jpg

g17t-right-full.jpg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom