Looking for Advice from tthe intelligent people here.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    My father passed away many years ago. He was an officer in the US Navy during WWII and had a military funeral. I received many things during and following his funeral services. One of those things I got later was a letter from President G.H.W. Bush expressing his sympathy over his passing and thanking me for my father's service and sacrifices. I do not care what happens to that letter or signed photo that was sent by Ronald Reagan after I am gone.

Another item given me at the funeral was the flag that draped over his coffin. It was folded and handed to me only to be taken by the funeral home and returned to me inside a clear plastic sleeve. It remains there today laying on a shelf in my gun room.

Now, and maybe prematurely, I am entering the final years of my life. My health is not what it used to be but I am still working. I do not have any sons, nephews or heirs that would like to have the flag. If it were inside a glass frame, it would be less apt to be tossed out as the family goes through my possesions. I have seen flags in such frames at a couple of LASP Troops.

My question is where can I buy one of those frames to hold that flag. If I can get it inside one, I will hang it on the wall until the end comes, which I hope will be another 20 yrs off.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have a case for my dad's flag, but can't remember where I got it. I ordered it online from one those sites that sells nothing from military stuff. The only bad thing about it is that the backboard is cardboard, and has started to come loose. I'm just going to build a newer nicer one one of these days.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My father passed away many years ago. He was an officer in the US Navy during WWII and had a military funeral. I received many things during and following his funeral services. One of those things I got later was a letter from President G.H.W. Bush expressing his sympathy over his passing and thanking me for my father's service and sacrifices. I do not care what happens to that letter or signed photo that was sent by Ronald Reagan after I am gone.

Another item given me at the funeral was the flag that draped over his coffin. It was folded and handed to me only to be taken by the funeral home and returned to me inside a clear plastic sleeve. It remains there today laying on a shelf in my gun room.

Now, and maybe prematurely, I am entering the final years of my life. My health is not what it used to be but I am still working. I do not have any sons, nephews or heirs that would like to have the flag. If it were inside a glass frame, it would be less apt to be tossed out as the family goes through my possesions. I have seen flags in such frames at a couple of LASP Troops.

My question is where can I buy one of those frames to hold that flag. If I can get it inside one, I will hang it on the wall until the end comes, which I hope will be another 20 yrs off.

I have a folded flag that I received and purchased the glass case for it from Hobby Lobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom