Looking for AR type sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just finished up another AR and want to put something on top. Right now all it has are the Magpul Backup Sights. Im looking to put some other kind of sight on it. Its a M4 style configuration. Dont have the money right now for an Acog or Eotech. What are some other cheap alternatives that people have had good luck with?

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Yeah, Im talking about like a holo sight or something along those lines. I have the Magpul Flip up backup sights. They are nice. I have an Eotech on one of my other ARs but cant swing that right now. Have never tried anything else.

I will give the Bushnell Holo a look.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It is pressumed to be made by Eothech and have Eothech Internals the main diference is unlike the Eothech which has a full metal housing, the Bushnell is metal/polymer other than that its "SAME". Not design for an "operator" who will run it super hard and bang it and drop it and beat somebody in the head with it but for a good quality range fun that holds zero and WILL WORK regardless its the perfect sight in its price range, I have ran mine pretty hard and its still glowing hard.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    It is pressumed to be made by Eothech and have Eothech Internals the main diference is unlike the Eothech which has a full metal housing, the Bushnell is metal/polymer other than that its "SAME". Not design for an "operator" who will run it super hard and bang it and drop it and beat somebody in the head with it but for a good quality range fun that holds zero and WILL WORK regardless its the perfect sight in its price range, I have ran mine pretty hard and its still glowing hard.

Sounds good. I will look at it in a few and see what its all about. I love my Eotech but they get expensive.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I use a Burris XTS135 on one of my guns, its worked good so far.

24359_275844414954_82399664954_786993_6045172_n.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    i've heard PrimaryArms has a good alternative to Aimpoints. i've never actually tried it though. i'd just try to get a cheap used Aimpoint and be done w/ it. What's your budget?

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    I have the primary arms M4 and 3x mag.
    Its only 80 somthing dollars, you cant go wrong.
    arscopedustcover.jpg

I'm about to buy another one for my dads gun when he gets a new shipment in.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Thanks......I like the looks and reviews of that LR.

I dont really have a budget........just dont want to break the bank on this one. Just looking for a cheap alternative

OleWild

FBHO
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    West Monroe, LA
    You might also want to look at the Vortex Strikefire red dot scopes. They're fairly cheap, but almost everything I've read about them has been good and they come with a good warranty.

ARshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Since you mentioned EoTech, I assume you are looking for a holographic sight and I have a $60.00 suggestion. Several months back, when the gun show was in town, I bought an NcStar holographic sight and absolutely love it. I was actually shocked at the accuracy. At 43 years old, my eyes are beginning to get kind of bad and was able to stack em inside 2 to 3" at 100 yards. This is the first time I've ever used one and am amazed at the accuracy with only a single point of sight. If I shoot iron sights I can usually get a 4" group.

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    For what it's worth, I went with a Primary Arms multi-reticule red dot for about $90 plus shipping. I am extremely satisfied with it. It is stout, durable, and accurate. I later added on a Primary Arms 5x magnifier and am also happy with that.

Top Bottom