Looking for gunsmith in Nola or Metairie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKILLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2015
    Metairie
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good gunsmith in Metairie or New Orleans. I would like the gunsmith to lighten the trigger pull on a colt (Umarex) m4. I have found gunsmiths online that can reduce the trigger pull by 40-50% but I would rather go with someone local. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Joe

Tad0113

LA CHP Instructor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Metairie, La
    A1 Gunsmith on West Esplanade in Metairie... 504-454-2312...I haven't used him in a few years but when I have needed his services, he has always done a great job at very reasonable prices

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    A1 Gunsmith on West Esplanade in Metairie... 504-454-2312...I haven't used him in a few years but when I have needed his services, he has always done a great job at very reasonable prices

I have to differ on this recomendation. I had an AR rifle that was firing more than 1 bullet for a single trigger pull. I brought the rifle to him to fix. I waited weeks which turned into months and I finally got the rifle back. Unfortunately it was several months later when I took it out to shoot and discovered the rifle was not fixed. It just did not want to bring it back to him so I had it fixed elsewhere.

I too am looking for a good gunsmith in NOLA or Metairie area. Someone else please chime in.

Grandpa

Last edited:

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Doesn't it take normal AR15 style triggers? You could just buy a trigger any weight you want, single or two stage, and just drop it in. I can help install it if you've never done that before.

SKILLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2015
    Metairie
    The colt m4 (Umarex) will not accept any trigger systems other than the one it comes with unfortunately.
    I wish it did.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    The Umarex is the 22 version and has a different trigger system. If u go to U-Tube there are many video's dealing with this issue. A little more research and u can probably find or make a spring kit for it. It did mot look too complicated just swap a few springs.

SKILLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2015
    Metairie
    Hey blue, Yea I've seen the vids and am just Leary of doing it myself because the cost is only $50 or so. There is a gunsmith in Colorado named Bill Springfield that dose this regularly for $49 but I was just trying to find someone local.
    I have already shipped it off(alum trigger pack) and it should be back any day. It was a 9lb trigger pull and will be 4lb when it returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your replies,
    Skills

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Hey blue, Yea I've seen the vids and am just Leary of doing it myself because the cost is only $50 or so. There is a gunsmith in Colorado named Bill Springfield that dose this regularly for $49 but I was just trying to find someone local.
    I have already shipped it off(alum trigger pack) and it should be back any day. It was a 9lb trigger pull and will be 4lb when it returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your replies,
    Skills
    I hope your results are great. I've wanted and still do in some cases trigger jobs done. I almost shipped off several firearms/trigger packs to Bill, then I came across review after review.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Same, back in the day, Bill was the place to bring your HK's and AR's if you wanted some quality work for cheap.... But given the most recent reviews, it's just cheap now...

Top Bottom