Looking for info on raffle tickets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HitNmiss

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    norco,la
    I have a older man "freind"that works with me.his family lives in Texas so he commutes back and forth from new Orleans.he is in his 70's a veteran and has lived a very amazing life.
    He is also taking care financially and physically of his sick mother who is in her 90's.

Hence in his medical condition he will not be able to take care of his medical and lifely bills much less his mothers.

I had the idea with all the guys I work with if we had a raffle if we get everyone on board at work selling tickets we mite be able to do alright for him.are there any laws or permits for raffles in la?Or anyone point me in the right direction where to purchase tickets to sell locally.

Givin the man this man is he wouldn't take money from us so I figure we can cut him a check from annonmous.
    Any help on legality or where to get some tickets at would be appriciated if anyone has any info or put one together before

Thanks,matt

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    From a quick google search:

http://www.ocg.louisiana.gov/pdf/laws/1721.pdf

§1721. Raffles
    A. Organizations conducting raffles must first obtain a gaming license as required by R.S. 33:4861.1.
    1. Applications for a gaming license to hold a raffle shall include the following information:
    a. date of raffle;
    b. location of drawing or determination of winner;
    c. prize(s) to be given and their value (See §1727);
    Etc.Etc.Etc.

Also found this huge document: http://doa.louisiana.gov/osr/lac/42v01/42v01.pdf

Last edited:
    Top Bottom