looking for laws to help fight harrassment by LEOs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    OMG this is rediculous!!

Lets try and simplify this.. Its called the second Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Anyone straying away from that as a direct law set forth by the United States Government is plain and simply commiting TREASON. If you in any way, choose to circumvent this law, by means of trickery, or other, you have comitted a crime against a citizen of the United States which that citizen is LEGALLY allowed to use force to stop you from doing.

I have listened to LEO's state how they will violate this law because of what they "think" , however simply put, LEO's dont have the right to violate any civil rights no matter what they think. LEO's cannot detain or arrest for anything they think, only what they know. If they act and are wrong, they are and always should be held accountable by the same laws as everyone else. Detain me for open carry, and you have violated my civil rights, any LEO violating anyones civil rights is not only open to civil suit, but to criminal action by the governing body.

THESE ARE FACTS, AND THEY ARE UNDENYABLE. ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW IS BY DEFINITION, A CRIMINAL, AND SHALL FACE PUNISHMENT UNDER THE LAW.

The Second Amendment exists exactly for the reason we see here now, to stop the Police and Military from becoming too Tyranical, to make sure that what happened in Britan does not happen here, that the government does not put its citizens in a situation where it cannot demand change. Anyone who takes or attempts to take that right away, is guilty of Treason against the United States , as it is a Government, which is of the People, for the People and BY THE PEOPLE.

Sure, you can find ways around peoples civil rights, but if you do it, know one thing, You are a NONPATRIOT, and a TERRORIST by its definition. If you can sleep at night knowing that, then continue to stop people who OC. Sooner or later, know that someone you try to violate may chose to simply not allow you to, and then your family can fill out those papers in triplicate and get that 1100.00 a month check, she can find a new husband and someone else can raise your children in the country in which you saw fit to break the laws of, that would make you just another dead criminal. I see no Honor in that, Do You?

ANY FURTHER DISCUSSION FOR OR TO THE CONTRARY OF THIS WILL BE YOU EXERCISING YOUR 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO STOP YOU ON THE STREET AND CHECK YOU FOR THE ABILITY TO PRONUNCIATE WORDS BEFORE ALLOWING YOU TO SPEAK? SOUND FAIR?
    "YOUR HONOR, I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO PRONOUNCE THE WORD WRONG, I HAD TO STOP HIM!" AND BEFORE YOU SAY WORDS DONT KILL, THINK OF THIS, HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM THE "N" WORD?

STAND ON MY CIVIL RIGHTS? I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT. A PERSON ONLY HAS THOSE RIGHTS WHICH HE CAN PROTECT.
    THE BEAUTY OF THE CONSTITUTION IS THAT IT WAS WRITTEN BECAUSE THE FOUNDING FATHERS KNEW THEY COULD NOT FORSEE WHAT MAY HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE AND IT GRANTS THE PEOPLE, ALL PEOPLE, THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE GOVERNMENT WHEN IT NEEDS CHANGED, WITHOUT FEAR OF PERSECUTION. IF THEY KNEW THIS IN 1776, AND YOU DONT KNOW IT TODAY, ID SAY THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THE EDUCATION YOU HAVE RECIEVED.

ps. the Caps was because it needed attention, not because i was yelling,lol.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    OMG this is rediculous!!

Lets try and simplify this.. Its called the second Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Anyone straying away from that as a direct law set forth by the United States Government is plain and simply commiting TREASON. If you in any way, choose to circumvent this law, by means of trickery, or other, you have comitted a crime against a citizen of the United States which that citizen is LEGALLY allowed to use force to stop you from doing.

I have listened to LEO's state how they will violate this law because of what they "think" , however simply put, LEO's dont have the right to violate any civil rights no matter what they think. LEO's cannot detain or arrest for anything they think, only what they know. If they act and are wrong, they are and always should be held accountable by the same laws as everyone else. Detain me for open carry, and you have violated my civil rights, any LEO violating anyones civil rights is not only open to civil suit, but to criminal action by the governing body.

THESE ARE FACTS, AND THEY ARE UNDENYABLE. ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW IS BY DEFINITION, A CRIMINAL, AND SHALL FACE PUNISHMENT UNDER THE LAW.

The Second Amendment exists exactly for the reason we see here now, to stop the Police and Military from becoming too Tyranical, to make sure that what happened in Britan does not happen here, that the government does not put its citizens in a situation where it cannot demand change. Anyone who takes or attempts to take that right away, is guilty of Treason against the United States , as it is a Government, which is of the People, for the People and BY THE PEOPLE.

Sure, you can find ways around peoples civil rights, but if you do it, know one thing, You are a NONPATRIOT, and a TERRORIST by its definition. If you can sleep at night knowing that, then continue to stop people who OC. Sooner or later, know that someone you try to violate may chose to simply not allow you to, and then your family can fill out those papers in triplicate and get that 1100.00 a month check, she can find a new husband and someone else can raise your children in the country in which you saw fit to break the laws of, that would make you just another dead criminal. I see no Honor in that, Do You?

ANY FURTHER DISCUSSION FOR OR TO THE CONTRARY OF THIS WILL BE YOU EXERCISING YOUR 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO STOP YOU ON THE STREET AND CHECK YOU FOR THE ABILITY TO PRONUNCIATE WORDS BEFORE ALLOWING YOU TO SPEAK? SOUND FAIR?
    "YOUR HONOR, I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO PRONOUNCE THE WORD WRONG, I HAD TO STOP HIM!" AND BEFORE YOU SAY WORDS DONT KILL, THINK OF THIS, HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM THE "N" WORD?

STAND ON MY CIVIL RIGHTS? I WOULDNT SUGGEST IT. A PERSON ONLY HAS THOSE RIGHTS WHICH HE CAN PROTECT.
    THE BEAUTY OF THE CONSTITUTION IS THAT IT WAS WRITTEN BECAUSE THE FOUNDING FATHERS KNEW THEY COULD NOT FORSEE WHAT MAY HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE AND IT GRANTS THE PEOPLE, ALL PEOPLE, THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE GOVERNMENT WHEN IT NEEDS CHANGED, WITHOUT FEAR OF PERSECUTION. IF THEY KNEW THIS IN 1776, AND YOU DONT KNOW IT TODAY, ID SAY THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THE EDUCATION YOU HAVE RECIEVED.

ps. the Caps was because it needed attention, not because i was yelling,lol.

:ugh::doh:

we discussed this already

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

:D

O

OfcDoop

Just an idea i just had......Maybe everyone here that is not a LEO should become one and then you can carry your weapon wherever you wanted OC or CC. Then you can harrass whoever you want to since that's what everyone think LEO's do anyway. How about that?

Then you won't be harrassed as to why you have a weapon on your hip. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know plenty dept's that are looking for well rounded citizens who want to protect the public and harrass ppl. NOPD is even giving sign on bonuses.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Open carry is legal and you have the right to do it. But when you do it you call attention to yourself, especially around LEO's. When you do this expect a little extra attention. The officer does not know if you are a convicted felon, have mental issues, or even if you are a legal US citizen. Having proper documentation ie. a CCL will expedite these encounters. Immediately the officer will know you are none of the above and have training on the weapon you are displaying. Depending on your attitude he will probably smile and say, "Have a good day:)"

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Well rounded eliminates plenty of people; there seems to be a very large bias against the government in general on this board. Just think if in general people would be required to submit transcripts of what they post on line to there employers or on job interviews. I am the same person on here as I am in real life, my bosses know my views etc... we know longer talk politics in my office because of my views.

The Internet helping pussies talk **** since the 90's.

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just an idea i just had......Maybe everyone here that is not a LEO should become one and then you can carry your weapon wherever you wanted OC or CC. Then you can harrass whoever you want to since that's what everyone think LEO's do anyway. How about that?

Then you won't be harrassed as to why you have a weapon on your hip. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know plenty dept's that are looking for well rounded citizens who want to protect the public and harrass ppl. NOPD is even giving sign on bonuses.

we can open carry without getting bothered, at least we are not supposed to be bothered.

how about instead of your idea, we just inform ALL the police that open carry is not reasonable suspicion nor probably cause.

I can get the ball rolling for you if you like.

Depending on your attitude he will probably smile and say, "Have a good day:)"

finally! somebody comes out and says it. you are EXACTLY right, and that is a very very very sad thing. "depending on your attitude he will probably smile and say, 'have a good day'" last time i checked being a jerk was not illegal.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    "depending on your attitude he will probably smile and say, 'have a good day'" last time i checked being a jerk was not illegal.

But with an another 2 worded phrase : Officer Discrestion; Your attitude could be the determining factor if the officer(s), trooper(s), or deputy(ies) will issue citation, summons, arrest, or verbal warning in traffic and misdeamnor cases. Not all but some.

Jerk aka Slow is sarcastic, unforgiving, and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Slow's repulsive personality quickly alienates other others, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Slow is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth.

jerk.jpg

Slow's last known photograph as obtained through reliable confidential source.

<3 Narco 2008 :ninja:

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So why if a LEO is a jerk you now want to call your congressman?

i guess i worded it wrong, what i was trying to say is that if an officer tries to strike up a conversation with you, while you are openly carrying a gun, and you are in a hurry or for whatever reason you come off as being a complete jerk then you might run into trouble b/c of your preconceived attitude.

i am not talking about a traffic stop where your attitude may influence weather or not you receive a ticket vs. a warning.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    real time punch in the mouth huh, you keep forgetting we've met. let me catch you when your not hiding behind that badge you ******* coward.

I guess you can't take what you dish.. Shall I refreash your memory? Although your personal attacks haven't been directed at me until this. You have directed them at persons I do associate with on a personal and professional level. If you need a refresher I am sure I can qoute some of your posts on this board directed at said members.

Everytime you post, this comes to mind. Yahh Trick Yahh

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    coward
    –noun 1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

By definition you’re incorrect. It would be a factual statement that by my chosen profession that I do not lack courage, I face danger, difficulty and opposition, and pain on a nightly basis. I am not timid or easily intimidated.

:rofl:

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    and there's some poor grammar being used too...

Some people have issues with their tempers, others have issues with big mouths and attitudes.

I guess none of us are perfect, but we could all chill the **** out.

:)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    real time punch in the mouth huh, you keep forgetting we've met. let me catch you when your not hiding behind that badge you ******* coward.

That's enough. If you can't participate in the discussion with civility then please refrain from participating in this thread.

Slow

I Support Human Culling
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i am sorry dude but i am not going to let some cop take a personal cheap shot at me and not say anything in return. i will respect your wishes however i will not respect his.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom