WTB: Looking for odd gauge shotguns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    I am looking for odd gauge shotguns popular overseas, but not in the states. I would like a 24 gauge and a 32 gauge, preferably pump guns, but a double or single would do.

I am also looking for the rare .22 "shotguns." I know Remington made one called a Garden Gun in .22 that was made with a non-rifled barrel for use with crimped ratshot shells. I also believe one in .22 magnum was made.

I have heard there are 9mm shotguns, but know little about them.

And, of course, any old shotgun in 8 gauge or bigger--one can dream.

If anyone has one for sale, please let me know what you have and how much you want.

P.S. I am also shopping for good quality pump guns in 16 gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge, and 0.410. I am slowly expanding my collection. I only have doubles in the first two gauges, and don't have either of the last two.

Thanks,
    Shane

SSaltz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am looking for odd gauge shotguns popular overseas, but not in the states. I would like a 24 gauge and a 32 gauge, preferably pump guns, but a double or single would do.

I am also looking for the rare .22 "shotguns." I know Remington made one called a Garden Gun in .22 that was made with a non-rifled barrel for use with crimped ratshot shells. I also believe one in .22 magnum was made.

If anyone has one for sale, please let me know what you have and how much you want.

P.S. I am also shopping for good quality pump guns in 16 gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge, and 0.410. I am slowly expanding my collection. I only have doubles in the first two gauges, and don't have either of the last two.

Thanks,
    Shane

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.

Thanks,
    Shane
    There is a guy on Louisiana Sportsman clasifieds that has a 9mm Auto shotgun and goes by the name of Rooster.
    Remington, Browning, and CZ made/make pump shotguns in 28ga and 410. Mossberg 500 and Tristar Cobra make 410 pump shotguns.
    Walmart carries the Tristar and Mossberg when they have them.
    Walmart also carried a Hatfield Auto 28ga shotgun and a 410. I have the Hatfield 28ga and it works fine. I also have the Hatfield 410 auto but had some problems with it so I sent it back to the repair facility. Tristar also has the Viper G2 Auto in 28ga and 410 which work fine.
    I had the Viper 28ga and used it shooting 5 Stand skeet and it worked great. Probably get another one and one in 410 if this Hatfield 410 doesn't pan out. I have the Viper G2 in 20ga and it works great. I was the only one there shooting 5 stand at the time at the West Monroe Sheriff's range and I would shoot stations 1-5, then 5-1, and then back again twice with additional singles thrown like the running rabbit, etc. along the way. The 20ga and 28ga worked flawlessly and I was running at least 150rds through them on each set.
    Henry makes a smoothbore version the lever action 22 called the Garden gun and I believe Marlin made bolt action Garden guns.

Last edited:

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    Thanks for all the detailed info, hunter5567! I've seen lots of videos on Youtube of people having trouble with the Hatfield .410. I'd really prefer older pump guns from Winchester, Remington, Browning, etc.... I will probably narrow my search for the 28 gauge and .410 in one of those brands you mentioned.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Thanks for all the detailed info, hunter5567! I've seen lots of videos on Youtube of people having trouble with the Hatfield .410. I'd really prefer older pump guns from Winchester, Remington, Browning, etc.... I will probably narrow my search for the 28 gauge and .410 in one of those brands you mentioned.
    You might check out Shotgunworld.com if you haven't already for disussions of the various brands in the small gauges.
    Fiocchi makes ammo for the 9mm Flobert, 24ga, and 32ga and Federal made ammo for the 24ga and 32ga 2.5" shells. Midwayusa still has ammo for these.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Odd gauge shotguns? Those were all even numbered gauges. 12, 16, 20, 10, 28, 410?

All even. I think a 13 gauge shotgun would be cool and a odd number.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HammondShooter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Albany, Louisiana
    Still looking, especially for 28 gauge and .410 bore in modern pump guns. Prefer older Remington, Browning, Winchester, etcetera, over modern Turkish guns. Always looking for a 24 gauge or 32 gauge, and anything larger than a 10 gauge.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom