Looking for people to be on First Person Defender TV

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    It's that time again! ;) We'll be shooting episodes of our online video series, First Person Defender, in the Baton Rouge area in August.

You can see the series (last year's season) here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLscB-49EdZcujso1xgAPXCBIMhhEjzQHj

If you and/or your family members would like to be considered (we need men, women, and even youngsters), drop us an email with information on yourself. Send 'em to info@guntalk.com.

As those who have done it can attest, it's fun! And, there's even a little training included.

ps. Get in on the deals on guns, ammo, etc.. FREE smartphone app. GUNDEALIO.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It's that time again! ;) We'll be shooting episodes of our online video series, First Person Defender, in the Baton Rouge area in August.

You can see the series (last year's season) here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLscB-49EdZcujso1xgAPXCBIMhhEjzQHj

If you and/or your family members would like to be considered (we need men, women, and even youngsters), drop us an email with information on yourself. Send 'em to info@guntalk.com.

As those who have done it can attest, it's fun! And, there's even a little training included.

ps. Get in on the deals on guns, ammo, etc.. FREE smartphone app. GUNDEALIO.

Last I saw you here you posted asking for suggestions on scenarios to run in the upcoming series. Can we get any teasers on the scenarios we might get to see?

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    First Person Defender is a great opportunity for anyone, newer shooters or self defense persons or those that have been at it for a while, to have a very real, force on force scenario that can help educate others. Having training and a plan of action is so important. The crew at FPD are very professional and put out a very solid product in their videos. Plus, Tom and the crew were just a great group of people to work with. Good luck on the third season of FIRST PERSON DEFENDER!

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    My wife and I were on First Person Defender Season 2 last July. We really enjoyed it and was a good experience for the wife as that episode was geared towards her. Tom, Ryan, Chris & Sandra were awesome. The whole staff provided a friendly, professional and safe experience during filming, etc. Looking forward to Season 3.
    -Will

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    Last I saw you here you posted asking for suggestions on scenarios to run in the upcoming series. Can we get any teasers on the scenarios we might get to see?

We try to keep it realistic, so we're working on having to fight your way through a dozen ninjas. ;) Actually, we're having a staff meeting this morning to start building the scenario list, but it will be pretty loose at this point. Once we know who will be our "good guys," and the experience each of them has, we'll build scenarios to fit each one. For instance, last year, we had a grandmother, so her scenario was having the grandkids in the back of the car at the gas station when she's approached by a bad guy. The woman who didn't usually carry when her husband carries got to watch him taken out with a version of the "knockout game," and she faced the reality that SHE can be protection for him. Etc., etc.

I wanted to somehow work in flame throwers, but I was overruled. :(

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We try to keep it realistic, so we're working on having to fight your way through a dozen ninjas. ;) Actually, we're having a staff meeting this morning to start building the scenario list, but it will be pretty loose at this point. Once we know who will be our "good guys," and the experience each of them has, we'll build scenarios to fit each one. For instance, last year, we had a grandmother, so her scenario was having the grandkids in the back of the car at the gas station when she's approached by a bad guy. The woman who didn't usually carry when her husband carries got to watch him taken out with a version of the "knockout game," and she faced the reality that SHE can be protection for him. Etc., etc.

I wanted to somehow work in flame throwers, but I was overruled. :(

I went on YouTube and watched that very episode. I thought she shot the bad guy pretty fast. So I started thinking about the legal ramifications. Perhaps that could be a subject matter you guys could pursue more in depth.

Now I know that faced with imminent danger or threat to one's personal safety, worrying about who may sue you or if you will end up in jail shouldn't be high on the list of what to do next; but unfortunately for some, it is very high on the list.

After all, if some DA determined that I should be charged with murder after the fact, I'd almost rather be dead. I wouldn't do 20 days in prison, much less 20 years.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    "I went on YouTube and watched that very episode. I thought she shot the bad guy pretty fast. So I started thinking about the legal ramifications. Perhaps that could be a subject matter you guys could pursue more in depth."

Good idea. We're going to do that this year. Note that Grandma shot him only after he threatened her with a gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom