Looking for someone around Nola to restore a car.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerC

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Orleans
    My boss has a 62 Ranchero with the original straight 6 he's looking to go over. He wants to re-do the interior, put a paint job on it, and stick a v8 in there. It's in pretty decent condition as is but has been sitting about a year. He doesn't want to spend a fortune, maybe around 5k or so. Suggestions welcome :D

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Thats alot of work for 5k. The engine swap alone would probably be that much. I priced getting my 65 continental painted around NOLA a few years ago. I couldnt find anyone that was interested in painting it for less than 8-10k. Most of the body shops in the area want quick insurance jobs like replacing a fender.

For interior, Calamari on Broad is really good. I had them redo the vinyl in my boat, and also fix a rip in the seat of my dads vette and they dig great work. http://www.calamaritrimshop.com/

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That's a lot of stuff for $5K. What shape is the body/interior in? Unless the body is rust free he could easily spend $3-4K in just bodywork and paint. That doesn't leave much for a motor and interior!

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    a good paint job at a quality place will run you around $4k... so tell your boss to start with that in his mind and work from there ;)

TylerC

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Orleans
    We may end up keeping the motor as is I gotta get a better feel for whats going on with it. Really the overall shape is decent, I'll post some pics when I get them. Budget got pumped to 10k so we will see what happens. Thanks for the input thus far.

Top Bottom