Looking for someone around Nola to restore a car.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerC

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Orleans
    My boss has a 62 Ranchero with the original straight 6 he's looking to go over. He wants to re-do the interior, put a paint job on it, and stick a v8 in there. It's in pretty decent condition as is but has been sitting about a year. He doesn't want to spend a fortune, maybe around 5k or so. Suggestions welcome :D

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Thats alot of work for 5k. The engine swap alone would probably be that much. I priced getting my 65 continental painted around NOLA a few years ago. I couldnt find anyone that was interested in painting it for less than 8-10k. Most of the body shops in the area want quick insurance jobs like replacing a fender.

For interior, Calamari on Broad is really good. I had them redo the vinyl in my boat, and also fix a rip in the seat of my dads vette and they dig great work. http://www.calamaritrimshop.com/

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That's a lot of stuff for $5K. What shape is the body/interior in? Unless the body is rust free he could easily spend $3-4K in just bodywork and paint. That doesn't leave much for a motor and interior!

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    a good paint job at a quality place will run you around $4k... so tell your boss to start with that in his mind and work from there ;)

TylerC

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Orleans
    We may end up keeping the motor as is I gotta get a better feel for whats going on with it. Really the overall shape is decent, I'll post some pics when I get them. Budget got pumped to 10k so we will see what happens. Thanks for the input thus far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom