looking to build an AK any advice were to get a good kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Getting a good kit is hard work nowadays! (-:

Seems like whenever a good deal comes about, they're all gone within 4-5 hours. (Example: The Polish Underfolders that sold out @ Cope's the other night). Freak'n gun vultures buying 'em up and slapping them up on Gunbroker a few months later... I'd telephone some of these places and ask if they're going to be receiving any new inventory any time soon. Occasionally you'll get someone on the line who answers the telephone that will give you a hint as to when something will come in. When it comes in, jump on it. (Got a 2nd Tula this way).

But I gotta concur: For a new builder, Ak-Builder has some excellent kits. Most are already headspaced and fitted; indeed, it'll resolve a lot of "issues" that you could potentially have later on with a barreless kit. Although, if you're not already invested in building tools, it might be more economical just to convert a Saiga. (Assuming that supplies are replenished... you might have to wait out the supply drought).

Sigh. Like you, I jumped into the Ak-game late... It makes me sick to my stomach to hear stories about $90 Romy-G Kits. -Kinda like $200 Mak-90s back in the day.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Assuming that you're a new builder, of course. (Kind of pretentious of me to assume that you're like me). Although, you ARE asking where the deals are at right now.... so it's a logical assumption.

Top Bottom