Looking to buy JEEP parts(frame,engine,tub)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I'm looking for my brother several jeep things. He has a running 1978 CJ7 and is interested in a 360 engine, a frame, and a metal tub. He may not need all, but is interested what y'all have out there. I know he's interested in a tub that's metal not fiberglass.

He bought the jeep as a project vehicle that he thought didn't have the issues it would have so he's saying he's tired of it, but wants to complete it and get it riding. Thanks for viewing. if you've got anything please let me know condition, price or trades, and pics. He's a technician (not a mechanic in his words) so perhaps he'd make a deal to trade.
    Thanks.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Hey hey! So my brother kinda got burned out with his cj7 repairs and is looking to start back again with a cj7 frame replacement. Anyone has one please let me know. If it matters his jeep is a 1978 cj7. He'll either replace the frame or might end up repairing and strengthening his current one. Thanks!

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I read your post and though I don't have any parts for your jeep I do believe that you can locate any thing you need on the Internet.
    I have a 1953 willys jeep and have bought and found everything I need on from either jeep forums or eBay. Your brother's jeep is way newer than mine so finding parts should not be a problem. Serch for CJ 7 parts and you will find thousands of parts. A frame and a restorable body should be easy to find. Hope this helps.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I read your post and though I don't have any parts for your jeep I do believe that you can locate any thing you need on the Internet.
    I have a 1953 willys jeep and have bought and found everything I need on from either jeep forums or eBay. Your brother's jeep is way newer than mine so finding parts should not be a problem. Serch for CJ 7 parts and you will find thousands of parts. A frame and a restorable body should be easy to find. Hope this helps.
    While not exactly what you're looking for, a friend of mine is selling an early 80's CJ7. Depending on what he finds, it may be cheaper to buy a complete rig, swap parts around as needed and sell off the rest. I think, but I'm not 100% positive, that my friend is asking $4000

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    While not exactly what you're looking for, a friend of mine is selling an early 80's CJ7. Depending on what he finds, it may be cheaper to buy a complete rig, swap parts around as needed and sell off the rest. I think, but I'm not 100% positive, that my friend is asking $4000
    He's got the jeep running and changed out things. He got to looking more at the frame and is figuring if he should replace it or cut out and add in new metal. The rest of the jeep is fine. He just has to plumb up his power break booster thing(takes pressure from powersteering pump), plumb up his front and rear ARB lockers, install his winch, and some other minor things. I'll suggest he search for a donor rig but those might be junked frames and tubs.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    He's got the jeep running and changed out things. He got to looking more at the frame and is figuring if he should replace it or cut out and add in new metal. The rest of the jeep is fine. He just has to plumb up his power break booster thing(takes pressure from powersteering pump), plumb up his front and rear ARB lockers, install his winch, and some other minor things. I'll suggest he search for a donor rig but those might be junked frames and tubs.
    It's called hydro-boost. What's wrong with the frame? Is it rusted or bent? Also, what axles is he running and leaf springs or links?

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    It's called hydro-boost. What's wrong with the frame? Is it rusted or bent? Also, what axles is he running and leaf springs or links?
    I don't know what's wrong with the frame. I believe it has rust and I know there's a crack in the frame in the right front of the vehicle. To my knowledge it's within the first foot or so of where the frame meets the bumper.
    His rear axles are one piece, in a D44, don't know brand name but a good brand...moser perhaps? Front and rear leaf spring 4" lift kit, maybe skyjacker?? Not sure brand, but again it's a middle of the line or higher stiffness/strength. I think he replaced the from axle housing as a d44 as well or another 30. It's been maybe six months since he messed with it. His job and side work has been slow, which is what he uses to pay for the jeep stuff.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom