Looking to join hunting club this year....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gostevo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Mandeville,La
    Hey,
    I'm new to hunting,but not exactly green.Been to some hunting clubs as a guest.This past year I spent $350 on a guest button. I was told by the member that he would go all the time(I could only go with him there) after I paid the tone changed.He was not able to go as much as he thought and even went a few times with out even telling me.Needless to say I'll never buy another guest button.I've hunted WMA's and even some private land,but still have yet to kill my first deer.I'm 32 yrs old married with two kids and would like to enjoy spending time hunting with my son. I know hunting clubs will be taking dues later this year. If your club has any openings please keep me in mind.Call me at 985 626 5078 or email me at go.stevo@yahoo.com or pm me or all three.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don't wait for someone to call you. You will grow old waiting. Instead, look in the classified section of your local paper; and go online to get Baton Rouge Advocate, and N.O. Times-Picayune. Look into Mississippi/Alabama too, if you are willing to travel a few extra hours.

Also, check out Louisiana Sportsmans online sections.

The quality of club will hinge mainly on the amount of money you are willing to spend. Since you want to incorporate your son into this wonderful tradition, I would steer clear of the clubs with dozens of members. They are cheaper, but usually don't produce alot of opportunities for nice animals.

Good clubs with prime hunting are usually under 12 members, and are about $3,000 - $5,000 per year per member. Don't jump into the first one that comes along. They are going to evaluate you, you evaluate them.

Good luck!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    I feel your pain brother. I moved here from North Texas few years back and have been trying to find a lease around here. Northern Louisiana has some good WMA's with lots of large body deer. Nothing compares to having your own lease, safety wise... I'm a gun-hunter as well as a bowhunter, and a few times I've been out in some WMA's and I didn't feel really safe. Some hunters have no respect nor regards for the presence of other fellow hunters. This year I'm doing my best to find a club as well. I'll keep you in mind if I stumble on something here soon.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    duson la
    northern la does have some great wmas. but if you are like me and would rather have a lease then hunt wmas you are looking at spending at lease 500 bucks on a lease.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    With that being said, I've heard about some places south of bossier that have great buck to doe ratios. I'll have to look into that a lil more into the location detail. I'm trying to get a day off to go check out a lease up in Ajax La. It's a mature pine stand, with few hunters. If you've heard anything about these areas I'd greatly appreciate the feedback. Thanks again.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Deer do not eat pine cones! If the place you are checking out doesn't have any food trees(oaks, persimmons, or other food trees), or farm food crops; I would stay away. Mature pine forest suck for deer in general.

If you are from Texas and use to Texas deer hunting, do not mistake this place for that one. Here, the deer will be near food and cover. Pines = suckage here in Louisiana.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Don't wait for someone to call you. You will grow old waiting. Instead, look in the classified section of your local paper; and go online to get Baton Rouge Advocate, and N.O. Times-Picayune. Look into Mississippi/Alabama too, if you are willing to travel a few extra hours.

Also, check out Louisiana Sportsmans online sections.

The quality of club will hinge mainly on the amount of money you are willing to spend. Since you want to incorporate your son into this wonderful tradition, I would steer clear of the clubs with dozens of members. They are cheaper, but usually don't produce alot of opportunities for nice animals.

Good clubs with prime hunting are usually under 12 members, and are about $3,000 - $5,000 per year per member. Don't jump into the first one that comes along. They are going to evaluate you, you evaluate them.

Good luck!

Not necessarily. My club is reasonably small and reasonably inexpensive. We have some pretty good folks, hardwoods, food plots, etc.... you won't often find record bucks, but 8 points are not uncommon and occasionally a 10 point or two per season. We are somewhat small though (760ish acres mostly up and down), but I pay way under $1500 for camp dues and out of state license.

You just have to look and find a good group of people. You might even look for one that doesn't allow drinking. I know a bunch of people here won't like that, but I think it tends to weed out people you don't want to hunt with. It's not always true though, there are plenty of people who drink at camp who are fine.... I'm just thinking it might be a good barometer for a group of people you don't really know.

OP, I'm not aware of openings at the moment. It's about 2.5-3 hours North of Baton Rouge up in Mississippi.... When I go, I stay a few nights. Let me know if you are interested and I'll keep you in mind.... I can't promise anything though. They'd usually like to have someone visit a few times before voting them in.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom