Looking to start my first AR build...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S.lambert

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge.
    I am looking at the kits from Del-ton. Seems like a pretty good deal. Has anyone had experience with these and also if I order a lower receiver do I have to let the FFL I would have to ship it to know first? Thanks.

rmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    morgan city, la
    my personal experience...
    read & learn all you can, don't get caught up in what everyone else wants, find out what works for you & go from there!

hope this helps!

RocknRolla

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Abita Springs, La
    I've never ordered a kit from del ton but I have ordered parts. I ordered them during the big rush right after Obama got elected. They had good customer service and the parts were tip notch. I'd buy from them again.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    I concur RocknRolla ,, good parts ,,good deals,,uppers work just fine for me,for my needs anyway.Seems like alot of mil spec compared to others.I was caught up in the DPMS mode while back.Maybe its just the kewl panther on the receiver,,idk lol,,but to me,,their products are not as precise as the del ton,,But that just IMHO,,Im jus a weak ol basty lookin for a new toy!! TJ

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Honestly I know some people with delton uppers and I'm not a fan, I would go with a higher quality such as stag, (unless you were looking to spend a grand on an upper) I know border patrol agents that swear by there uppers they also make smith and wesson's uppers as well.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I am looking at the kits from Del-ton. Seems like a pretty good deal. Has anyone had experience with these and also if I order a lower receiver do I have to let the FFL I would have to ship it to know first? Thanks.

you're going to have to let your FFL know, the reason being, they won't ship the lower until they have your FFL info. unless they're a company that says, "it's on file". but it's best to let your FFL know it's coming and have them fax/email them their FFL info.

Top Bottom