Looks like GregWilliams might be leaving the Saints

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited:

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Good guy but he made some bad calls. We got smoked on man to man coverage. We need someone who can better use our talent and we need to shore up our defense.

Last edited:

billy308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Defense needs to evolve with the NFL . Receivers are monsters now and you have to have bigger people inbthebsecondary to cover them

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, see ya!

If Payton doesn't go heavily for pass rushers in the draft & free agency I'm going to call the FBI rat him out

129085511552720373.jpg

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    If Payton doesn't go heavily for pass rushers in the draft & free agency I'm going to call the FBI rat him out

He hasn't for several years now, although I can't really fault him in many instances. The draft of late has been giving us "can't pass up" guys in several rounds, and the entire league sits their and scratches their heads as to why we were even able to acquire said person.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    We will be able to attract a top tier Defensive Guy if he leaves. New Orleans is an attractive place to coach right now, the offense scores 40 points a game, 30 points on a bad day and the players want to play for Drew Brees, Coach Payton and the City of New Orleans.

I love the aggressiveness and sideline atmosphere Williams brings, but sometimes he doesn't know how to just sit 3 guys on the goal line and just make sure the other team just doesn't score 6.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Yeah, that last series Saturday pretty much sealed his fate. Really, I've never been a fan of his strategy, even going back to '09 during thier SuperBowl run.

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    His philosophy on generating turnovers worked great in 09 when they were actually generated. It also worked great with an offense who could take advantage of a short field and extra possessions. However, when the D stopped generating those turnovers, there was nothing really left. Just a run-of-the-mill defense that tended to get burned alot without the fear of ballhawking DBs.

Hopefully, the Saints can get someone like Steve Spagnuolo. I hear he's in the running.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    His philosophy on generating turnovers worked great in 09 when they had Darren Sharper

(fixed that for you)

Like they said during the game, Gregg Williams himself said the defensive backs cannot catch, that is why they aren't wide receives. I thought about this all day and just talked to a friend of mine, and I have the solution. We don't need 5 wide receivers who can all make great catches.

Put one of them full time as a DB, and use one of them half and half. If New England can do it, so can we. It is not like our DBs can tackle any better than our offensive players. Win!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    The defense never got over the loss of Fujita and Sharper, Jenkins on Davis is asking for trouble. Williams undoing was his insistance that scheme was more important than talent. I like Jenkins but he can't cover a quality tight end.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think Jenkins, Greer and Harper are WASHED UP! That's what's more wrong with our secondary than Williams.

Patrick Robinson the YOUNGEST/NEWEST Player in the secondary has 4 INT's this year.
    Jenkins, Harper, = O INT's, Porter, Greer = 1 a piece

Amaya who barely plays is our tallest @ 6'2".

We need some Speedy 6'1"-6'3" Shutdown Corners from the SEC.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    I think Jenkins, Greer and Harper are WASHED UP! That's what's more wrong with our secondary than Williams.

Patrick Robinson the YOUNGEST/NEWEST Player in the secondary has 4 INT's this year.
    Jenkins, Harper, = O INT's, Porter, Greer = 1 a piece

Amaya who barely plays is our tallest @ 6'2".

We need some Speedy 6'1"-6'3" Shutdown Corners from the SEC.
    This is the answer!

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Malcom Jenkins isn't washed up, he is just doesn't have good hands. Guy came out of college as a cb/fs hybrid and after they saw him in practice put him as a cover FS. Both of the Saints safeties are better suited 3 yards from the line of scrimmage.

They're like Roy Williams long lost twin brothers. Bit hits, fast, no hands, no coverage skills. Move Jenkins to SS and find a new FS in free agency... the draft should be for the line.

Top Bottom