Louisiana as a Second Amendment Sanctuary state.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    Most would agree we're at a critical time in our Republic. The Left are making several unprecedented moves against the Constitution in regards to our rights and our freedoms. Biden openly said that "No amendment in the Constitution is absolute". While he's basically correct, they can't be changed by an executive order or even a new law. To change an amendment requires a 2/3's vote by both the House and the Senate and then ratified by 3/4s of the states. But they don't care... They'll continue to push as long as we let them. And as such, I give to you HB118.

State Rep. Larry Frieman of Louisiana District 74 has introduced a bill, HB118, waiting to be sent to committee, to basically declare Louisiana a 'Second Amendment Sanctuary'. Four states and almost a thousand counties have already done this.

The bill “Creates the Louisiana Firearm Protection Act; provides for definitions; provides relative to infringements on a citizen's right to keep and bear arms; provides for application of the Act; and specifies who has a right of action.”

It already has several cosponsors including representatives Beau Beaullieu, Gabe Firment, Dodie Horton, Danny McCormick, Jack McFarland, Charles Owen, and Alan Seabaugh.

You need to contact your state representative and state senator tell them (yes... "tell them"... they work for you.) to support this bill.

Many of you may have heard of HR 127. It's a Federal bill introduced by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee D-TX) which calls for:

1. Federal licensing of individuals to own and/or purchase firearms and ammunition. Separate licensing for the "display of an antique weapon in the residence of the individual" and "to an individual... to own and possess a military-style weapon". The licenses will be renewed every five years.

You'll be required to take a minimum of 8 hours of training and will require a psychological examination. Depending on the results, "as deemed necessary by the licensed psychologist involved" the evaluation may include "an evaluation of other members of the household in which the individual resides" and "as part of the psychological evaluation... any spouse of the individual, any former spouse of the individual, and at least 2 other persons who are a member of the family of, or an associate of, the individual to further determine the state of the mental, emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms."

2. Requires individuals to disclose what firearms they currently own in order to create a national, PUBLICLY accessible database of said weapons. Information required includes, "the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored" and “a notice specifying the identity of any person to whom, and any period of time during which, the firearm will be loaned to the person."

3. Requires you to purchase, through the government, liability insurance at the cost of $800 per year.

4. It basically brings back the "Assault Weapons Ban" including specific firearms and magazine capacity limitations.

5. Bans .50 caliber and larger ammunition. Knowing the general ignorance of politicians regarding firearms, I could see this being interpreted as any shotgun larger than a .410.

6. Violations will consist of fines from $10K to $150K and/or prison from 5 to 25 years.

This is urgent people. You may think it 'can't happen here' but it has already happened. In California. In New York. In Chicago. In Massachusetts. In Nazi Germany, the USSR, Venezuela, China... etc.

I urge you to contact your state representatives and state senators. The Federal bill could pass. There are more Democrats in the House than Republicans and the Senate is split 50/50 with Kamala Harris breaking any tie. And there's no guarantee all the Republicans would against it anyway, as Bill Cassidy has shown.

If you don't know who your representatives are, you can go to the Voter Portal website and determine your district and then to the Legislature page and get the contact information to your representative and Senate to get the same for your senator.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I received a email from GOA here in Texas. I’ve written and called all of my reps. The email also said sanctuary bills DO NOT protect from past, future federal laws and state laws limiting the 2A. So my question is what’s the point? Legally?

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    From my perspective as a citizen of the United States, almost all, if not all, of the existing and pending gun laws qualify as "infringement", as in "shall not be infringed", chosen by the Constitutional Convention of 1787 . The SCOTUS, especially, Chief Justice John Roberts may see things differently. If that's the case, I don't know...

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Sanctuary laws are only as good as the will to enforce them. Will a governor call on the state police or National Guard to go toe to toe against federal law enforcement, I think not.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Sanctuary laws are only as good as the will to enforce them. Will a governor call on the state police or National Guard to go toe to toe against federal law enforcement, I think not.
    If LA passed this law and refuses to enforce it then wtf good are they? Serious question. At what point does this become a violation of the (implied) social contract? What is the purpose of a govt that isn’t willing to enforce its own laws to protect its citizens?

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I constitutional amendment is absolute, so which ones can we ignore? Tax, speech, press, voting, etc?? We are heading straight to anarchy.
    Definitely can’t pick and choose which ones are honored. That is what the left is trying to do. Make a billion laws so everyone is a criminal and selectively enforce the laws against their political enemies.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd like to see this pass, even if just for the political statement it makes in support of 2A. The states have given the federal government too much power and need to stand up to DC...

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    If you think it's worthless, then don't bother to vote. Ever...

Forget the thousands that have fought for our right to follow the Constitution and it's designed purpose for things to be done in this manner before having to use the Second Amendment for it's intended purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU!!!

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    *And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.*

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn ,
    *The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956*

Top Bottom