Louisiana Concealed Carry license

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I applied for my concealed carry in February through the State Police website. All of the info was entered and I received the confirmation e-mail. I sent in my fingerprints by regular mail. Does anyone have an estimate of how long the permits are taking to process?

SouthernDys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    There isn't any logical method to the increasing number of permits that LSP are processing. I have students from January still waiting, but on the flip side of that, I have some students from April's course who decided to drive to Baton Rouge to do their prints and they received it within 2-3 weeks.

What we do know, LSP are processing hundreds of permits a week, and the mailed in prints are what's holding everybody up, because they have to be scanned them in once received. LSP have sent letters out to two of my students for bad prints and those students had to get a new set done, one of those students after receiving the letter and waiting 3 months drove to LSP and let them redo her print and she received the permit 2 weeks later.

So patiences is the key here, the few ladies at LSP are doing the best they can to process thousands of permits a year.

Kennyo1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    There isn't any logical method to the increasing number of permits that LSP are processing. I have students from January still waiting, but on the flip side of that, I have some students from April's course who decided to drive to Baton Rouge to do their prints and they received it within 2-3 weeks.

What we do know, LSP are processing hundreds of permits a week, and the mailed in prints are what's holding everybody up, because they have to be scanned them in once received. LSP have sent letters out to two of my students for bad prints and those students had to get a new set done, one of those students after receiving the letter and waiting 3 months drove to LSP and let them redo her print and she received the permit 2 weeks later.

So patiences is the key here, the few ladies at LSP are doing the best they can to process thousands of permits a year.
    Do you know if I can go to baton rouge to have prints taken again to speed up the process?

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Applied online 4/21 (Thursday), took prints next day at LSP HQ (Friday), approved on 4/25 (next business day, Monday), received card on Thursday 4/28. One week start to finish. Online is the only way to go.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Applied online 4/21 (Thursday), took prints next day at LSP HQ (Friday), approved on 4/25 (next business day, Monday), received card on Thursday 4/28. One week start to finish. Online is the only way to go.

In contrast, my application was sent online on Jan. 9th and tomorrow will be 4 months and still waiting for my card. :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom