Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    He is now inviting defeat on both of his opposition issues. He could have simply refused to sign the gun bill and possibly avoid the embarrassment of an override secession altogether. The momentum for the upcoming secession is strong and now he faces an override on BOTH bills! Oh well, make your bed and sleep in it Grand Moff Edwards!

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    What was the LEO Org that came out against this again? How does the org get its funding and is there anyway to reduce that?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

LEO groups always come out against gun-rights it seems.

Every needs to immediately email your reps, and also email Senator Cortez:
    cortezp@legis.la.gov

He is the Senate President. Clay has has already voiced support for a veto override, but Cortez is being silent... every needs to reach out to get Senate leadership support involved.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    What was the LEO Org that came out against this again? How does the org get its funding and is there anyway to reduce that?

The lobby group is known as the Louisiana Sheriffs Association. They are 100% political and mainly look out for the interests of Sheriffs themselves; not Deputies.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    He is now inviting defeat on both of his opposition issues. He could have simply refused to sign the gun bill and possibly avoid the embarrassment of an override secession altogether. The momentum for the upcoming secession is strong and now he faces an override on BOTH bills! Oh well, make your bed and sleep in it Grand Moff Edwards!
    Let’s bring it and embarrass the crap out of this commie.

Already been in touch with my State Rep and State Senator on this issue. Now I really hope that they blow up both his vetos

i also sent postcards provided by NAGR to the House and Senate leaders as well in anticipation of JBE’s veto

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Contact list:

Senate President, Patrick Page Cortez
    101 W Farrel Road
    Bldg 5, Suite 100
    Lafayette, LA 70508
    Phone: (337)993-7430

Speaker Clay Schexnayder
    6473 Highway 44
    Suite 205
    Gonzales, LA 70737
    phone (225) 342-7263

and it probably doesn’t hurt to hit up your State Rep and State Senator in anticipation of needing an override

lets light up the phone lines and their inboxes

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The lobby group is known as the Louisiana Sheriffs Association. They are 100% political and mainly look out for the interests of Sheriffs themselves; not Deputies.
    Perhaps it's time to talk to our local sheriff's to see if they are members and support this anti second amendment stance.

I wonder how they get their funding?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Perhaps it's time to talk to our local sheriff's to see if they are members and support this anti second amendment stance.

I wonder how they get their funding?

I’d bet all are members. It’s the same organization who was against the bill to remove qualified immunity at first. The bill got changed up a bit and it added a few dollars for the sheriffs and what do you know, the sheriffs association was pushing for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I’d bet all are members. It’s the same organization who was against the bill to remove qualified immunity at first. The bill got changed up a bit and it added a few dollars for the sheriffs and what do you know, the sheriffs association was pushing for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had no idea we had a bill here to remove qualified immunity. I need to start paying more attention.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    More leo s are against constitution carry than you might think . One who is a member on here has said he was against it because sometimes having a concealed gun and no permit is the only thing they can hang on someone they have no other probable cause to arrest.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    More leo s are against constitution carry than you might think . One who is a member on here has said he was against it because sometimes having a concealed gun and no permit is the only thing they can hang on someone they have no other probable cause to arrest.

Where was that said? I don't remember that.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Where was that said? I don't remember that.
    It was a while back when constitution carry was being discussed . Someone had accused someone walking down the road of firing shots at his truck . Leo found no bullet holes and no cases and driver would not press charges but because he had a gun and didn't have a cc license they were able to arrest him . The leo said since there was no evidence of a crime if there was constitution carry they would have had to let him go .

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Authoritarians hate the Constitution despite swearing an oath to protect it.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to support them. Then Mary Landrieu ran for re election and was supported by the LSA. I sent them a letter explaining that because of her 2A stance I could no longer support them. I haven't heard from them since.
    I didn’t live here then, but my take from afar was that she was an awful Governor

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Jon Bel’s lies and deceit,

*I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, and an enthusiastic outdoorsman and hunter," Edwards said in a statement. "But I simply cannot support carrying a concealed carry firearm without proper education and safety training – and I believe the majority of Louisianans agree with me."

Our rights under the Constitution have nothing to do with the education he refers to in this speech.
    All he had to do is put some work in for the residents of his state and task the state to administer training, free for all, and he could have had a win win.
    But no, he had to fall back to the Democrats play book.

Top Bottom