Louisiana Constitutional Carry Bills Pass.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    The lobby group is known as the Louisiana Sheriffs Association. They are 100% political and mainly look out for the interests of Sheriffs themselves; not Deputies.

I used to support them. Then Mary Landrieu ran for re-election and was supported by the LSA. I sent them a letter explaining that because of her 2A stance I could no longer support them. I haven't heard from them since.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Contact list:

Senate President, Patrick Page Cortez
    101 W Farrel Road
    Bldg 5, Suite 100
    Lafayette, LA 70508
    Phone: (337)993-7430

Speaker Clay Schexnayder
    6473 Highway 44
    Suite 205
    Gonzales, LA 70737
    phone (225) 342-7263

and it probably doesn’t hurt to hit up your State Rep and State Senator in anticipation of needing an override

lets light up the phone lines and their inboxes

Done! Yes, let’s aim for both vetoes just to teach him a lesson! I don’t care the transgender ban, but overriding it would be suitable punishment for vetoing the 2nd Amendment!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Done! Yes, let’s aim for both vetoes just to teach him a lesson! I don’t care the transgender ban, but overriding it would be suitable punishment for vetoing the 2nd Amendment!
    Damn right! Let’s keep the pressure up on them!

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Tell us, is there anywhere in Louisiana where it’s legal to concealed carry with a permit that you can’t legally open carry?
    Semantics
    There are still a few places where OC is illegal, but I'd think the concealed carry laws cover the entire state. I could be wrong though, it's happened before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There are still a few places where OC is illegal, but I'd think the concealed carry laws cover the entire state. I could be wrong though, it's happened before.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Try carrying in a Federal Courthouse concealed or otherwise.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    We live in a country of overreaching laws, they tell us that we follow the constitution and allow open carry with stipulations yet we're supposed to be following the constitution! They tell us we have to have a permit to carry concealed also with stipulations, but we're supposed to be following the constitution......does anyone ever fight for the laws of the land or are we only fighting for stipulations still?

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    More leo s are against constitution carry than you might think . One who is a member on here has said he was against it because sometimes having a concealed gun and no permit is the only thing they can hang on someone they have no other probable cause to arrest.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

So it's ok to violate the constitution in order for the police to make a few arrests they otherwise would not be able to make. With that logic, we should be doing away with search warrants and allowing police to go into people's homes with no cause. Oh wait, Red Flag Laws take care of that too.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    So it's ok to violate the constitution in order for the police to make a few arrests they otherwise would not be able to make. With that logic, we should be doing away with search warrants and allowing police to go into people's homes with no cause. Oh wait, Red Flag Laws take care of that too.
    Welcome to the Police State.

Don't forget that LEOs take an oath to defend and uphold the COTUS.

Full disclosure I am not as familiar with LA Law Enforcement. Most of what I know is in my prior state of residence where I can assure you that most LE were adamantly for any and all forms of gun control including may issue permits to own firearms and ammo (inc components) and Red Flag laws.

All that said, light up the phone lines and get our elected officials to do what the people want, not what some libtard governor nor his marxist national party or some political LE body want them to do.

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    That was his argument , no evidence of crime he was accused of but thankfully they could get him with concealed carry with no permit. He actually said that were not for the concealed gun they would have let him go because of no evidence . I said if the truck driver made a complaint and then refused to press charges and no shell casing or bullet holes were found they should have arrested the driver for making a false report . Some LEOs hide the fact they are for gun laws so they will have more power over the people . Then there are the ones who are 100% for protecting our rights . Problem is you don't know who is the good leo until it's time to call someone to bail you out .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Tell us, is there anywhere in Louisiana where it’s legal to concealed carry with a permit that you can’t legally open carry?
    Semantics

Sam’s Club

I just left. There is a sign on the door that states Open Carry is prohibited. They are legally prohibiting open carry.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom