Louisiana NFA items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crews

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Youngsville
    Hey guys! quick question. I'm in the process of moving to Louisiana from Texas. I currently own a couple of NFA items.... a suppressor and a SBR. Is there anything in particular that I need to know about when bringing NFA items into the state? I know I have to file a 5320.20 for change of address, but is there any other steps that I'm missing? A search of the internet has turned up nothing.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Welcome. IPSO range just down the road from you is a NFA friendly range - and free. Open to civilians Wed 12-4, Sat 8-1 and Sun 12-3. (May have some restrictions on FA depending on crowds and your experience level.)

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    free, as in just show up and shoot? Anything else required? What does IPSO range stand for, and where is this place at?

Show up (bring eye & ear protection, paper targets), I think they go over a list of range rules your first time (5 minutes), sign basically a release form, put up a target stand, and go shooting. As mentioned earlier, they are cool with NFA. If you are new, they might ask if you "have your paperwork" - not that they want to see it, just as long as you don't say "What paperwork?" ;)

Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office

http://www.iberiaso.org/firing-range/

Welcome to Acadiana!

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    They have about six or seven benches on the rifle range. It is 100 yds and they no longer allow putting up targets closer than that. If you need to shoot shorter like to begin sighting in a new optic, your only hope is that there is basically no one else there and the range officer may allow you to bring one of the chairs closer to the target to shoot from. Someone fired a round or two over the berm (that wound up hitting a business) a few years ago and they got way more strict. Note that around this time of the year, the rifle range will be super crowded with hunters, so plan to go early or wait. I think the range officers typically ask people to let others have a turn if they've been taking a lane for a while, so they try to be fair.

If you reload, they're also cool with chronographs and picking up brass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom