Louisiana Sportsmen Against Landrieu

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I think Landrieu will vote against a ban if one ever comes up for a vote. She voted against renewing the 1994 ban in 2004. She wants to be re-elected. She is from a state that recently passed the strongest protection for gun rights in the nation by a 74% majority. She runs in 2014. All of that adds up to voting our way, even if it is against her nature.

Frankly, I doubt that Harry Reid will make his fellow Democrats go on record on an issue that cannot pass the House. He would cost them votes for no gain.

Dan

True, but if a Universal Background Checks Bill is introduced as standalone legislation I can see her voting for it. We need to keep up the email and phone campaign.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    Dear Senator/Congressman ______________:

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, you have gotten some very bad advice, and it makes you look foolish. You are wrong on the facts about firearms and their uses.

For you, this clearly is a matter of agenda rather than facts or what would actually make people safer. Now that we have your nonsensical statement on the record, I feel obligated to tell you that I well remember that in 1994 many Democrats in Congress were sent home because of their votes for the Clinton Gun Ban. President Clinton acknowledged this in his 1995 State of the Union address.

In much the same way, votes for the proposed Obama Gun Ban will produce the same results -- Democrats will be defeated in large numbers in the mid-term elections, likely costing the Democrat party control of the Senate. Of course, President Obama will not be affected because he is in his second term.

History does repeat itself. I will work hard to make sure it does.

My promise is that I will devote time and money to guarantee the defeat of anyone who votes for a gun ban (any type of firearm) or any restriction (specifically a move to cripple the capacity of magazines) on legal firearms owners.

This is my promise to you.

Sincerely,

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Unfortunately, you have gotten some very bad advice, and it makes you look foolish. You are wrong on the facts about firearms and their uses.

For you, this clearly is a matter of agenda rather than facts or what would actually make people safer. Now that we have your nonsensical statement on the record, I feel obligated to tell you that I well remember that in 1994 many Democrats in Congress were sent home because of their votes for the Clinton Gun Ban. President Clinton acknowledged this in his 1995 State of the Union address.

In much the same way, votes for the proposed Obama Gun Ban will produce the same results -- Democrats will be defeated in large numbers in the mid-term elections, likely costing the Democrat party control of the Senate. Of course, President Obama will not be affected because he is in his second term.

My promise is that I will devote time and money to guarantee the defeat of anyone who votes for a gun ban (any type of firearm) or any restriction (specifically a move to cripple the capacity of magazines) on legal firearms owners.

Sincerely,

Good letter! I will do this too; and not JUST because of her asanine gun views.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur

Sincerely,

:bravo: very nice!

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    lets not forget, ms. mary is the reason we have obamacare. i will never forget her bs speach on the senate floor about how hard is was going to be to cast the deceiding vote that would allow obamacare to come to a vote in the senate. which eventualy got it passed as a result. but this new awb is going to come down to harry reid and i don't think he is going to vote for it. he didn't vote for the one in 94' either. i would never believe me and that man would ever be on the same side of any issue in a million years. but one thing is for sure, reid wants to be in control of a democrat majority in the senate alot more than he wants to suck up to obama. he didn't get where he's at by falling on swords for other people.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    She seems to understand she's on the hot seat, here's her response after I sent her a pro gun letter on Jan. 7th....

January 7, 2013

Dear MyTFAL:

My prayers and greatest sympathy go out to the families and community of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, and to all families that have been affected by gun violence. On December 14, 2012, twenty-seven innocent lives were taken from us in a heartbreaking tragedy. As the nation grieves over this senseless act of violence, it is more important than ever that we come together to address the issues affecting American communities.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the rights of all Americans to own and possess guns. While preserving the rights of honest gun collectors, sportsmen and owners who possess firearms for traditionally lawful purposes, we must also continue to ensure that we protect innocent unarmed citizens. I am sure you can agree - like any right guaranteed to a free people, the right to bear arms must be exercised responsibly.

Unfortunately, in the past year, we have seen instances where this right has been abused in tragic fashion. The theater shooting in Aurora, CO, the Sikh temple shooting in Oak Creek, WI, and the school shooting in Newtown, CT, were terrible and unnecessary tragedies. Occurrences such as these remind me of the important role that government plays in upholding statutes that aim to limit such tragedies.

We must do more to target the causes of mental illness and determine the most effective ways to treat it. I support and will continue to strongly advocate for expanded and improved mental health coverage so that the mentally ill can obtain adequate treatment to not only overcome their struggles, but to lead more productive and fulfilling lives.

I also support strict adherence of federally licensed firearms dealers to the requirements laid out in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The NICS determines the eligibility of an individual to purchase a firearm and explicitly prohibits those who have been legally determined to be mentally ill or committed to a mental institution from purchasing any weapons.

Currently, there is no gun control legislation scheduled for a vote. However, I believe that when evaluating future proposals, we must find a balanced way to address the safety of American citizens while ensuring Second Amendment rights granted under the Constitution. Please be assured that I value your input and will keep it in mind as we continue to address this issue in the 113th Congress.

I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I trust that you will continue to contact me on matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website at http://landrieu.senate.gov for more information on my legislative priorities.

With warm regards, I am
    Sincerely,

Mary Landrieu
    United States Senator

And then again on Feb. 5th

Dear MyTFAL:

In response to the tragic events that occurred in Newtown, Conn., Congress and the White House are currently considering ways to reduce gun violence in America. I strongly believe that we must find a way to reduce gun violence without infringing on the rights of honest Americans who abide by the law and own guns for time-honored sports and hobbies. My record on protecting citizens' Second Amendment rights is strong, as I voted in opposition to the 2004 assault weapons ban and in favor of restoring Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia, among other relevant votes.

As a centrist United States Senator, I do not decide my vote based on party line, or based on what party is in the White House. There are no simple solutions to this extremely complicated issue and I fully recognize that there are legitimate concerns on all sides. Please be assured that I will carefully review any and all related legislative measures with the will of the people of Louisiana in mind.

As your Senator, I rely heavily on the comments and concerns of my constituents when acting out my duties in Congress, and I appreciate your taking the time to contact me. I hope you will continue to contact me regarding matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website at http://landrieu.senate.gov for additional information on my legislative priorities.

With warm regards, I am
    Sincerely,

Mary Landrieu
    United States Senator

egl1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    She seems to understand she's on the hot seat, here's her response after I sent her a pro gun letter on Jan. 7th....

January 7, 2013

Dear MyTFAL:

My prayers and greatest sympathy go out to the families and community of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, and to all families that have been affected by gun violence. On December 14, 2012, twenty-seven innocent lives were taken from us in a heartbreaking tragedy. As the nation grieves over this senseless act of violence, it is more important than ever that we come together to address the issues affecting American communities.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the rights of all Americans to own and possess guns. While preserving the rights of honest gun collectors, sportsmen and owners who possess firearms for traditionally lawful purposes, we must also continue to ensure that we protect innocent unarmed citizens. I am sure you can agree - like any right guaranteed to a free people, the right to bear arms must be exercised responsibly.

Unfortunately, in the past year, we have seen instances where this right has been abused in tragic fashion. The theater shooting in Aurora, CO, the Sikh temple shooting in Oak Creek, WI, and the school shooting in Newtown, CT, were terrible and unnecessary tragedies. Occurrences such as these remind me of the important role that government plays in upholding statutes that aim to limit such tragedies.

We must do more to target the causes of mental illness and determine the most effective ways to treat it. I support and will continue to strongly advocate for expanded and improved mental health coverage so that the mentally ill can obtain adequate treatment to not only overcome their struggles, but to lead more productive and fulfilling lives.

I also support strict adherence of federally licensed firearms dealers to the requirements laid out in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The NICS determines the eligibility of an individual to purchase a firearm and explicitly prohibits those who have been legally determined to be mentally ill or committed to a mental institution from purchasing any weapons.

Currently, there is no gun control legislation scheduled for a vote. However, I believe that when evaluating future proposals, we must find a balanced way to address the safety of American citizens while ensuring Second Amendment rights granted under the Constitution. Please be assured that I value your input and will keep it in mind as we continue to address this issue in the 113th Congress.

I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I trust that you will continue to contact me on matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website at http://landrieu.senate.gov for more information on my legislative priorities.

With warm regards, I am
    Sincerely,

Mary Landrieu
    United States Senator

And then again on Feb. 5th

Dear MyTFAL:

In response to the tragic events that occurred in Newtown, Conn., Congress and the White House are currently considering ways to reduce gun violence in America. I strongly believe that we must find a way to reduce gun violence without infringing on the rights of honest Americans who abide by the law and own guns for time-honored sports and hobbies. My record on protecting citizens' Second Amendment rights is strong, as I voted in opposition to the 2004 assault weapons ban and in favor of restoring Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia, among other relevant votes.

As a centrist United States Senator, I do not decide my vote based on party line, or based on what party is in the White House. There are no simple solutions to this extremely complicated issue and I fully recognize that there are legitimate concerns on all sides. Please be assured that I will carefully review any and all related legislative measures with the will of the people of Louisiana in mind.

As your Senator, I rely heavily on the comments and concerns of my constituents when acting out my duties in Congress, and I appreciate your taking the time to contact me. I hope you will continue to contact me regarding matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website at http://landrieu.senate.gov for additional information on my legislative priorities.

With warm regards, I am
    Sincerely,

Mary Landrieu
    United States Senator

yep, same letters i got.

SyphonDM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houma
    I find it interesting that in both letters it sounds like the Second Amendment is being used for "time-honored sports and hobbies" & "gun collectors, sportsmen and owners who possess firearms for traditionally lawful purposes". Call me crazy, but that's not what the Second Amendment was written for.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Let her know that if she votes for any new gun control legislation that she will lose your vote?

Never had it to begin with, but I wrote her anyway. Vitter too. They work together frequently..

As far as the fighter jets... what gives with this? Am I missing something? We are supplying military weapons (aircraft and tanks) to the muslim nation (probably to be used against Israel) and it still got 26 republican votes? [Landrieu YEA - Vitter NAY]

Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    That's because no one wants to face the reality that you don't have to be a nut job to understand governing bodies around the world have persecuted their own people time and time again, and that the second amendment is there to help ensure we don't face these problems again. Complacency is everywhere and anyone who speaks of the fear of tyranny gets labeled a crazy person..

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Call Ms. Piggy (aka Mary Landrieu)

Ms. Piggy is a straight party line voter, the dumocrats will likely have at least 3 issues up for a vote, AWB, Mag capacity, and gun registration. Odumbo and Worthless Harry will allow Ms. Piggy to vote no on 2 of the 3 issues. I'm thinking "Gun Registration" euphemistically called "Universal Background checks" by them, is their Holy Grail. (Ask for the Head and settle for an arm & a leg) That way Ms. Piggy can say she voted against 2 of the bad ones "What's wrong with a little UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK?"

I have let Ms. Piggy know in no uncertain terms we expect her support... and I'm being honest she'll never get our vote but at least we won't go knocking door to door to help her opposition and put anti-Ms. Piggy signs on our lawns... I let them know there are worst things than just not getting our vote, she will energize her opposition.

Has everybody forgotten Ms. C U Next Tuesday took 30 pieces of silver and now we have odumbo care? I've called all Louisiana Representatives (except Cedric Richmond that worthless SOB is a lost cause) and Senator Vitter, and asked them to put pressure on Ms. Piggy also. She'd be very vulnerable if she wasn't still running unopposed, we need to get behind anybody, be that Jindal, or Bill Cassidy and help run that C U Next Tuesday out of town.

I would ask everybody to call, email, and write all Louisiana federal reps and ask them to twist Ms. Piggy's arm, keep the pressure on.

Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    If you AND YOUR FRIENDS haven't been sending in those postcards in this forum, shame on you. Of course you should followup with e-mails and phone calls.

When I called Vitter's office today, they say they have noticed the postcards. I distributed 250 sheets (4 cards per sheet) which means Boehner, your representative, Landrieu and Vitter have received a minimum of 250 cards each. I believe there are others distributing these cards too in Louisiana, so there may be considerably more.

One of the advantages of postcards is that the legislator knows there is an organized campaign watching their actions. Further they also know that since they are signed they were not turned out by some computer mill.

What you want though, is for someone like Landrieu thinking she can be reelected. If she thinks she will fail she may well vote for Obama confiscation ideals. If she thinks she has shot at reelection she is going to avoid voting on gun control at least through the election.

Another thing. I was quite able to get rather liberal people to readily mail these postcards in. They attend gun shows too, cannot buy ammo, and have spent $1,500 or more for a $800 rifle. Believe me, they don't want to give the government a $1,300 "gift."

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Landrieu only won by 52% to John N. Kennedy 45% in 2008 . Without a doubt she has become the fastest calf in the bunch at the senate level . Time for her to move on out , I don't care which way she votes ,she is done in 2014.

Top Bottom