Louisiana's concealed carry law is racist- where is the ACLU?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If an otherwise law-abiding / elderly / poor/ what-have-you person (and I give less than a damn what color they are) ends a criminal's career by way of illegal concealed carry, you won't hear me calling for his/her head.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Gun control, at its earliest roots is racist. Do some reading about history.

That being said, supply those thugs with a Hi Pernt and a monthly ammo allotment. Maybe the inevitable can be accelerated.

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    Typing this on an internet forum doesn't make it true.

So true.

" The problem with internet quotes is that it is difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Attachments

• lincoln.jpg
      lincoln.jpg
      5.4 KB · Views: 41

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    If an otherwise law-abiding / elderly / poor/ what-have-you person (and I give less than a damn what color they are) ends a criminal's career by way of illegal concealed carry, you won't hear me calling for his/her head.

Me either, but unfortunately if you are in New Orleans it's the DA making the call. Not good. You shouldn't have to worry about getting prosecuted for protecting yourself in your own neighborhood.

Last edited:

Danielcut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I don't have much to add to this but I will say that I'm in college and don't necessarily live in the "hood," but it's a few blocks over. It took me a while to save to afford my first handgun and my second was given as a gift. I usually feel pretty good if I'm able to pick up a box of ammo with the weekly groceries. Needless to say, $200 puts a dent in me but I'm working towards it. I'm hoping to take the class some time early next year.

Also, I believe that Al Sharpton and the like would be more interested in this issue if the minorities cared about it. But they don't seem to.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If they can afford a gun, then they can afford the permit.

Hmm...in some cases, I'm sure. But for those who legitimately can't, a revolver that's been handed down from previous generations wouldn't have much overhead unless someone is shooting the hell out of it- which is doubtful in the scenarios mentioned.

But I understand what you're saying...

Ben Draughn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Hickory LA
    i would just like to go to one place and get my Driver license, my VA id card, my CCW card, my Lifetime Miss hunting card, my retired military dependent card, all on one card.

Hey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    South LA
    I wonder what would happen if an Asian young man with MS was caught illegally concealed carrying.... That would be interesting.
    Or perhaps a woman with a child that used one. Would we have a Goetz?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom