Low Recoil 12 gauge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon428

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I'm currently in the market for a 12 gauge auto. Looking for versatility, ie duck turkey squirrel deer etc. with interchangeable barrels. The kicker is i have a bad shoulder so I'm looking for the absolute best on recoil. I understand the recoil is dependent on loads shot. I've seen YouTube videos of people shooting full size 12's with one hand on top of their head. Price is a nonfactor so don't hold back. Thanks in advance. Happy new year to everyone!
    Ps the option to increase shell capacity a big plus but recoil is main concern

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Remington Versa Max

Disclaimer I've not shot the VM or any of the other guns, I just googled softest shooting 12 ga, I shoot a Benelli M2 and I know you don't want that one! Lol

Last edited:

Gryphon428

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Awesome thanks! The video I watched was a beretta extrema 2. I can't believe the lack of recoil. I'm guessing the A400 is its predecessor.

Gryphon428

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    If your worried about recoil, as mentioned, Beretta is very soft recoil but I'd suggest a 20ga. Bought the wife a 20ga Beretta a few years back and it is a dream to shoot.

I considered that but I'm not sure I'm willing to give up manhood points lol

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    Has to be 12g? need to increase capacity?

Any gas driven 12g will be great. Versa Max or FNH SLP (which is what I recommend).

If we knew what you were going to do with it we may be able to give a better recommendation. IE: are you looking for a 3gun shotgun / home defense / hunting / something else.

Rooda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Dallas via Bunkie
    I recommend a Beretta A400 Extreme with a kickoff. I own and have shot cases out of the 12 and have shot my mother's 20. The lighter 20 can be just as bad as a 12 with heavy loads due to the lighter weight of the gun. I would get the 12 and further manage recoil through the shot load you purchase for each application. ie don't buy Remington Hypersonics.

Gryphon428

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Thanks for all of the awesome info. I think I'm sold on the the a400 extreme in the gore optifade camo. I'm also sold on the 20 gauge as well bc that's what I was planning getting for my son to accompany me with. I read the other thread about low recoil 20 gauge youth models and it seems as if the 11-87 I think is the way to go for him. Thanks again for all the great info. Have a great weekend!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Thanks for all of the awesome info. I think I'm sold on the the a400 extreme in the gore optifade camo. I'm also sold on the 20 gauge as well bc that's what I was planning getting for my son to accompany me with. I read the other thread about low recoil 20 gauge youth models and it seems as if the 11-87 I think is the way to go for him. Thanks again for all the great info. Have a great weekend!

Won't be sorry with either one of those, great choices

constant243

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2015
    prairieville, la
    please report back to let us know how you like the A400. I'm considering one as well. Good luck and have fun with your grandson, it's the best time we spend when we are with those kids!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom