Lowe boats or tracker boats?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    I have an 09 pro 170 tx mod v hull and haven't had the first problem with it, rides and handles well but you'll get a better ride out of the deep v. It has the 4 stroke mercury 40 HP on the back which hasn't given me any trouble at all either. The only gripe I have about the boat is the rod box, if you put more than about 6 rods in it they'll get tangled.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Now if it will STOP raining lol

PM sent

I like my Deep V 17' Tracker

023.jpg
    [/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I have a Lowe 1860VDS (18' long 60" wide) boat that I got back in 2005. This as more of a bass boat that a Deep V, Got a screaming deal for it at the boat show because it had a 2004 Yamaha 90 Four Stroke on it. The hull is solid and I have not have any problems with the quality of the hull. The Yamaha 90 pushes it 45 MPH (GPS confirmed) @ 5600 RPM, I can cruise at 30MPH at 4400 RPM and I get my best Gas/mileage at 3800RPM at 26 MPH....

anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    What's you're cruising speed with that 40?
    wide open it runs 34 with 2 ppl and loaded with gear, this was confirmed with GPS as well. The engine is a 2008 model and has only been in the shop once about a month ago for a good tune up(new water pump, new plugs, oil change in engine and foot). It has never given me any problems even after 4 months of sitting up, always pops right off. Its extremely quiet too, I can talk on my cell running wide open. Fuel economy is good too

Last edited:

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    If you decide on the Lowe's Slidell Marine has a few of the Deep vee's they've been sitting on, they will be motivated to sell non current stock at good pricing, ask for Sonny.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If you decide on the Lowe's Slidell Marine has a few of the Deep vee's they've been sitting on, they will be motivated to sell non current stock at good pricing, ask for Sonny.

I'll keep that in mind but I'm at least a month away from actually buying something.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    My cousin bought a tracker from bass pro. He has had nothing but problems with the boat and with bass pro's service shop. They have burnt up his $1000 gps/fish finder.
    His trolling motor fuse keeps blowing and while trouble shooting it they mixed up some wires which caused the gps to burn up. They still haven't fixed the trolling motor or replace his gps.
    The linkage for his motor is all screwed up and after 3 trips in they have just said that's the way it is.
    Not my boat but I have gone up there with him twice to pick it up.

Top Bottom