lower parts kit?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm about to start a slow ar build. This is my first build and I was wondering about lower parts kits. I was wondering which kits are the best and whether the "better" kits actually make a difference. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Palmetto state. Look on palmettostatermory.com. If they're not in stock, just wait. They will be. Do not go online and pay derp prices for one.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If I have a choice, I prefer Daniel Defense parts kits. I've also used CMMG which were decent, and PSA which are the best value but lowest quality IMO.

They all work just fine, and generally speaking they are all pretty much the same. However, the Daniel Defense parts all feel "crisper", like they are better toleranced and machined. The PSA trigger and safety selector feel mushy in comparison. Even after thousands of repitions, my DD safety selector still clicks into position with authority.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    I too would say that the PSA lpk's are not worth it. I've installed several because they had sales over the summer for about $40. The roll pins don't go in as easily as let's say a RRA or DD kit. And as Speed said, whoever is supplying their Safety needs to get it right because the spot for the detent is milled incorrectly and doesn't leave a very positive click and actually has slop/slack. Luckily I had spare safeties from RRA and DPMS kits that were replaced with Battle Comp Bad Cass safeties.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I have used 2 PSA kits and I have had no problems with them. Both nice triggers for ~$60 kits. Stay away from UTG, I spent and hour with a dremel fixing my disconnector and trigger today. It was very cheap and the rest of the parts are g2g but man the trigger sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom