LPD officer shakes out of control teen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    What do you think? I think she deserved it because she doesn't STFU!!!! Of COURSE she is a "victem of the man"
    Video on link
    http://www.klfy.com/global/story.asp?s=12026642
    An internal investigation of a Lafayette Police officer has been sparked after an amateur video showing the mishandling of a teenager pops up online.

Brenda Chevis knew her 15 year old daughter was involved in some sort of altercation with the police on Mardi Gras Day, but didn't know the extent of it until we showed her the video.

The video shows a group of teenagers involved in a fight being broken up by police officers on Congress Street.

The group shown is sitting on the ground detained by police with one girl in particular, Brenda's Daughter, continuing to talk and as she claims pleads her case.

One officer not taking it lightly as you can hear in the tape, orders her to shut up before violently shaking her on the ground.

"I didn't like it, it doesn't have to be like that, what I didn't like the way they handled my child and just imagine how they're handling other people kids, I didn't like it they weren't professional."

The officer since been put on paid leave with the investigation still ongoing.

Tonight at 10 we'll hear from the teenager herself and what one thing she says could've made this outcome completely different.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Two questions:

1) Why the heck is that a big deal? The fact of the matter is that kid is not listening to an officer and was in a fight. I will tell you what if an officer would have called my mom when I was 15 I would have rather gone to jail then go home. Being shook would have been the least of my worries.

2) How come when they quote an individual that isn't speaking proper english they correct it for that individual? I think they should spell it out exactly as it was stated.

Witness

&amp;gt;Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    He really shouldn't have done that, NEVER shake the baby. However, would this have been in the news if she was an adult?

I agree though, don't F with the police on mardi gras. she's lucky she didnt get tazed.

Judging by the "victim" the department will get a law suit, but they don't deserve one.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Two questions:

1) Why the heck is that a big deal? The fact of the matter is that kid is not listening to an officer and was in a fight. I will tell you what if an officer would have called my mom when I was 15 I would have rather gone to jail then go home. Being shook would have been the least of my worries.

2) How come when they quote an individual that isn't speaking proper english they correct it for that individual? I think they should spell it out exactly as it was stated.

+1. I DO NOT see why this is a big deal, it just goes to show you how much attention "these people" want and how they try to get money out of everything!

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    He really shouldn't have done that, NEVER shake the baby. However, would this have been in the news if she was an adult?

I agree though, don't F with the police on mardi gras. she's lucky she didnt get tazed.

Judging by the "victim" the department will get a law suit, but they don't deserve one
    Agree with you on both points there!

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I can see the lawsuit now.

"My baby suffered alot of mental anguish and has been emotionally scared for life."
    45764357.gif

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    LAWSUIT Her mother has that "victim's mother" aura about her. Was the officer out of line? Yes. Is it an infraction worth hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars? NO! But the girl is the right color, age, sex, socioeconomic demographics for some lawyer a jackpot.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Lots of things wrong here.....

Instead of being suspended, the officer should be commended resolving the situation.

Instead of wanting an apology (and a probable cash award) for her daughter's own bad, animalistic bahavior, she should be a good parent & apologize herself- then correct the daughter in a way that she will remember for a while.

Instead of making them look like "victims", the local news should use these people as an example of how NOT to act in public.

A textbook example of what is wrong with our society.......:dunno:

Splash

Resident Basket Case
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Sulphur, La
    Instead of making them look like "victims", the local news should use these people as an example of how NOT to act in public.

I think thats the root of alot these problems, media wipping out the ol'$hit stirring spoon. I noticed that alot around here especially with the recent LCPD shooting . Rather than report the good of getting a criminal off the streets, they rather focus on the trivial possibilty the officer acting wrongly.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Lots of things wrong here.....

Instead of being suspended, the officer should be commended resolving the situation.

Instead of wanting an apology (and a probable cash award) for her daughter's own bad, animalistic bahavior, she should be a good parent & apologize herself- then correct the daughter in a way that she will remember for a while.

A textbook example of what is wrong with our society.......:dunno:

+1

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I support the officers actions, but one question for the LEOS on here. Why whenever there is ever any investigation, the officer gets paid leave and not unpaid leave?

legg86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Tickfaw, LA
    Yea nick we know you would have ripped out your pocket constitution and then Thomas Jefferson would have come down from heaven and converted the power hungry jack booted thug into an alex jones fan.
    :D

hilarious, but is there something wrong with carrying a pocket constituion around and showing it to a cop who is messing with you? I did at a checkpoint and the cops let me go without searching me or breathalizing (spelling) me or whatever they do at checkpoints. Didnt even ask for my DL. I think it's a good idea to remind the police, who have to deal with serious A**holes like the one in the vid that there are Some of us who are educated, respectful, and knowledgable of our rights. I think a lot of police respect that and treat us differently because of it.

Top Bottom