LPD officer shakes out of control teen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    hilarious, but is there something wrong with carrying a pocket constituion around and showing it to a cop who is messing with you? I did at a checkpoint and the cops let me go without searching me or breathalizing (spelling) me or whatever they do at checkpoints. Didnt even ask for my DL. I think it's a good idea to remind the police, who have to deal with serious A**holes like the one in the vid that there are Some of us who are educated, respectful, and knowledgable of our rights. I think a lot of police respect that and treat us differently because of it.

Well it obviously ins't that uncommon there is an Iphone app for that.

jemayeux

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Beaumont, TX
    HAVEN'T THE TIMES CHANGED !!

Kids are such pu$$ies these days. I know these are girls, but if it would have been boys it would have been dramatizied even more. They want to scream and hollier when they are wronged, but hide and clam up when it is time to confess their sins.

WE HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO BLAM FOR THIS BUT OURSELVES AS A WHOLE, WE ARE FAILING OUR YOUTH.

The sad part is WE have elected the officials who have passed the laws to pu$$ify this country. Kids didn't act this way 20 years ago, because they couldn't. Verbal warning were rare and obeyed. If ignored the promised corporal punishment was instituted quickly. It worked because it was simple, easy, cheap and effective.

However, there is no money to be made by psychiatrist and/or psychologist if such a simple and effective tool is used.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    The video show a violent battery of a juvenile which appears to have been completely unnecessary, as the detainee was sitting on the ground and no immediate threat. The cop is probably going down over this pretty damn quick.

Medically, there are several serious medical conditions that can be brought on with a shaking that violent, even in someone that old. I'm sure leVieux and a few others here can expound. If this fifteen year old girl can document injuries from the shaking of any significance, including psychological damage, I'd like to be her attorney come judgment day.

Whether the girl is injured or not, that cop is a piece of **** that needs flushing. A discgrace to the uniform and all the people who wear one.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The video show a violent battery of a juvenile which appears to have been completely unnecessary, as the detainee was sitting on the ground and no immediate threat. The cop is probably going down over this pretty damn quick.

Medically, there are several serious medical conditions that can be brought on with a shaking that violent, even in someone that old. I'm sure leVieux and a few others here can expound. If this fifteen year old girl can document injuries from the shaking of any significance, including psychological damage, I'd like to be her attorney come judgment day.

Whether the girl is injured or not, that cop is a piece of **** that needs flushing. A discgrace to the uniform and all the people who wear one.

Wow...never expected this from you:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Holy Crap Dude ..... :eek3:

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Didn't mean to offend anybody, LEO or otherwise. I have daughters, so this one incident a mere 100 miles away really got my attention. Your sons can pretty well fend for themselves in public. But the girls are different, most especially at that age. You can understand the how and the why if they get assaulted and battered by somebody in the general public. But not by the police. That is unacceptable by any standard. The offending officer should not be allowed to hide behind his badge. I seriously doubt if the City of Lafayette will permit that in this case.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    anyone "says" you screwed up in the private industry, your done, gone, but apparently in the gov, someone "says" you screwed up and there is an investigation and you get a paid vacation......

Same way where I work. If you screw up you go pee in the bottle and go home while they investigate and get the **** test results back. You will still get paid while they figure out what happened and why.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Didn't mean to offend anybody, LEO or otherwise. I have daughters, so this one incident a mere 100 miles away really got my attention. Your sons can pretty well fend for themselves in public. But the girls are different, most especially at that age. You can understand the how and the why if they get assaulted and battered by somebody in the general public. But not by the police. That is unacceptable by any standard. The offending officer should not be allowed to hide behind his badge. I seriously doubt if the City of Lafayette will permit that in this case.

Let's not forget the girl was just involved in a fight and wouldn't STFU. The cop was out of line, but he didn't wind up and smoke her. She wasn't battered. If she suffered injury from whiplash, etc., the cop or dept would be financially liable, but I still don't see his actions as some terrible thing that he should be fired over.
    How this would be any different with a male. A boy of similar stature would be just as vulnerable. Just the same, a beast of a girl can handle herself just like a guy.
    Don't talk about psychological damage. She wasn't raped or brutally beaten. She'll get over it.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Let's not forget the girl was just involved in a fight and wouldn't STFU. The cop was out of line, but he didn't wind up and smoke her. She wasn't battered. If she suffered injury from whiplash, etc., the cop or dept would be financially liable, but I still don't see his actions as some terrible thing that he should be fired over.
    How this would be any different with a male. A boy of similar stature would be just as vulnerable. Just the same, a beast of a girl can handle herself just like a guy.
    Don't talk about psychological damage. She wasn't raped or brutally beaten. She'll get over it.

Shouldn't matter boy girl adult kid. Was no threat and the cop overreacted.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    All the cops involved are to get more training in crowd control and people's rights in regard to recording them.

Update VID
    Chief: Officer’s actions wrong

LAFAYETTE — A patrol officer violated two departmental policies in his handling of a girl police detained during Mardi Gras festivities earlier this year, the Lafayette police chief said Wednesday.

A bystander filmed the officer screaming “shut up” to a teenage girl while shaking her by the shoulder after she had been detained in a fight with another girl and boy on Mardi Gras day in the downtown Lafayette area.

The incident also has prompted additional training for officers on peoples’ rights to photograph and video in public in light of the bystander’s confrontation with another officer, who threatened to confiscate the man’s camera phone, Police Chief Jim Craft said.

The disciplined officer violated policies pertaining to “handling of prisoners and use of tactics not taught or authorized by the Lafayette Police Department,” the police chief said.

The officer’s name and the nature of his disciplinary action is not being released because it involves a personnel matter, Craft said.

The officer, who has been with the department since 2008 and assigned to the patrol division, was placed on paid administrative leave in February when the department launched both a criminal and administrative investigation into the incident.

Craft said he personally filed a complaint against the officer because the girl’s mother was reluctant to talk with anyone regarding the incident.

The teen’s mother eventually agreed to speak with the department and has since cooperated with the investigation, Craft said.

The investigation found the officer placed one of the unrestrained girls too close to another girl who was handcuffed.

The girl who was not handcuffed could have injured the other girl, Craft said.

He said the “use of tactics” violation occurred when the officer shook the girl while telling her to “shut up.”

The officer was trying to get the girl’s attention while she was attempting to provoke the other detained girl, Craft said.

“That’s not an approved tactic that we use in the Police Department,” he said.

The case was submitted to the 15th Judicial District Attorney’s Office for review and no criminal charges will be filed against the officer, Craft said.

Five other officers, who were on scene during the incident, received a debriefing to discuss lessons learned in regard to controlling crowds and the rights of people to photograph and video in public, Craft said.

Craft said all officers will now undergo training regarding the use of video and camera devices by civilians and the proper method of collecting such items as evidence.

It is not illegal for a person to take a picture of an incident or record what an officer is saying as long as they are not interfering with an officer’s duties, Craft said.

The bystander involved in this incident was legally filming and should not have been confronted, Craft said.
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/94985424.html?showAll=y&c=y
    http://www.klfy.com/global/story.asp?s=12549408

:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom