LSP seize 64 unlawful pistols during Mardi Gras

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Hey, maybe now my Glock 19 will sell … supply and demand baby :dogkeke:

:doh: :doh: :doh: Ok my son works for the Sheriffs Office so I can’t say too much bad stuff about cops, but this is ridiculously funny. They are standing there all proud lol. Hopefully these were all criminals they confiscated these guns from and not law abiding citizens. My opinion they need to be reprimanded for posing like a bunch of morons because they grabbed some guns. They should be cleaning these streets up with all these illegal aliens and drugs that are killing us! Pose for that picture and I’ll be proud.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    :doh: :doh: :doh: Ok my son works for the Sheriffs Office so I can’t say too much bad stuff about cops, but this is ridiculously funny. They are standing there all proud lol. Hopefully these were all criminals they confiscated these guns from and not law abiding citizens. My opinion they need to be reprimanded for posing like a bunch of morons because they grabbed some guns. They should be cleaning these streets up with all these illegal aliens and drugs that are killing us! Pose for that picture and I’ll be proud.
    Anyone who carries at a parade is, by definition of the law, an (alleged) criminal. Carrying at a parade is illegal. They were not law abiding citizens if they had their gun at the parage.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

That image is 2 separate pictures put together. There's not indication that picture was taken because the guns were seized. It's common for units to take a picture before or after some assignment both to document who participated and to use in press releases.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    NOPD recovered my stolen Sig 365 off of a woman last year and I haven't been able to get it back yet.

Is it on the books as evidence? If so, you may need to either wait until any legal proceedings are completed or you may need to get it classified as property. If there are no more legal proceedings, a judge car order it released to you. In either case, you may need to submit some sort of proof of ownership.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I’m pretty sure there’s somthing illegal about it, within so many feet of a parade route, heck they prob call the street a bar lol
    Yeah true. And you’re more likely to run into a f….head. I remember getting into a giant brawl on bourbon street when I was younger. The police used the horses to break it up. Man I tell ya, those horses are really big when they’re up close and in your face.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah true. And you’re more likely to run into a f….head. I remember getting into a giant brawl on bourbon street when I was younger. The police used the horses to break it up. Man I tell ya, those horses are really big when they’re up close and in your face.

I've watched the horses pin someone up against a wall before. That guy wasn't going anywhere when the horse just kinda leaned into him.

Top Bottom