LSU allowing flag burning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    he must be disoriented and think he's somewhere a little more cosmopolitan than LSU; maybe somewhere north of I-20. he may as well go get a tattoo across his face that says 'please whip my ass'! If he remains at LSU, this is not going to fare very well for him.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    A more fitting protest to "SUPPORT" the 1st Amendment here in the US, as this douche implies, would be to burn a well known Muslim symbol, and/or a symbol of a foreign governemnt that oppresses it's own people and denies rights of free speech. There are many options he could choose.

This loser, like most cowards of his ilk, picks the easy targets. Burning the American flag is so passe'.

And aside from that perfect example above, I feel confident this clown is not getting any Golden Girls or cheerleaders as girlfriends.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    §116. Flag desecration

Flag desecration is the act of any person who shall intentionally, in any manner, for exhibition or display:

(1) Place or cause to be placed any word, mark, design or advertisement of any nature upon any flag; or

(2) Expose to public view any flag, upon which has been printed or otherwise produced, or to which shall have been attached any such word, mark, design, or advertisement; or

(3) Expose to public view, or have in possession for sale or any other purpose, any article of merchandise, or thing for holding or carrying merchandise, upon or to which shall have been produced or attached any flag, in order to advertise, call attention to or decorate such article; or

(4) Publicly mutilate, defile, or by word or act cast contempt upon any flag.

The word "flag" as used herein shall mean any duly authorized flag, shield, standard, color or ensign of the United States, the State of Louisiana, or the Confederate States of America, or any copy thereof.

Whoever commits the crime of flag desecration shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars, or imprisoned for not more than ninety days, or both.

Amended by Acts 1960, No. 544, §1.

Which is unconstitutional. The real purpose of the 1st amendment is so that you can freely protest the government without retribution. Burning the flag is exactly what the 1st amendment is about, protesting the government.

Can students go around LSU and indiscriminately start fires where ever they want? This has nothing to do with free speech. It's a matter of public safety.

It was planned according to LSU protocol. It's not indiscriminant.

I disagree with the guy for burning the flag. It really is unamerican to disallow someone the right to burn the flag. It's just as bad as infringing on our 2A rights. That being said, I have no problem with anyone here protesting the flag burning.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    A more fitting protest to "SUPPORT" the 1st Amendment here in the US, as this douche implies, would be to burn a well known Muslim symbol, and/or a symbol of a foreign governemnt that oppresses it's own people and denies rights of free speech. There are many options he could choose.

This loser, like most cowards of his ilk, picks the easy targets. Burning the American flag is so passe'.

And aside from that perfect example above, I feel confident this clown is not getting any Golden Girls or cheerleaders as girlfriends.

I disagree. Burning the flag is getting exactly the response he wants.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    While I do not agree with his choice of actions, I have and will continue to defend his right to make that choice and protest in a civil manner. This is why our country is so great.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Our nation was founded by flag burning protesters

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    As much as it sucks, burning a flag you own as a protest is protected. The first incident was considered damage to property since he did not own the burned flag. Glad I'm not with LSUPD today, it's gonna be a mess.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think burning a flag is a sign of hate and not a simple protest. Protest if you want and I have no problem with that but burning our nations flag takes it a giant step more.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think burning a flag is a sign of hate and not a simple protest. Protest if you want and I have no problem with that but burning our nations flag takes it a giant step more.

That's always been my view but that is where we are as a country. Political Correctness at it's best.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    No Golden Girls or cheerleaders?

Okay, you got me there. He probably won't score brownie points with either.

Well, you would be wrong. Sorry, but the constitution doesn't protect you from being offended. The guy buys the flag, it's his property he can do with it as he pleases. He is not infringing on your rights.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    While I do not agree with his choice of actions, I have and will continue to defend his right to make that choice and protest in a civil manner. This is why our country is so great.

Our nation was founded by flag burning protesters

This.

If they ban burning the flag, it begins the slippery slope against protesting your government. The 1st Amendment wasn't passed so we could exercise our Free Speech to talk about the weather. It was put in there so we could say and do controversial things without fear of persecution. The people you disagree with are just as rightful in their speech as you are in telling them they're pissant jackasses (for which, in this case, I'd agree).

It's the same reason I hate to support the Supreme Court ruling that protects Fred Phelps and his hateful band of miscreants that from the WBC. If we ban that, we simply erode our own freedoms more.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    This.

If they ban burning the flag, it begins the slippery slope against protesting your government. The 1st Amendment wasn't passed so we could exercise our Free Speech to talk about the weather. It was put in there so we could say and do controversial things without fear of persecution. The people you disagree with are just as rightful in their speech as you are in telling them they're pissant jackasses (for which, in this case, I'd agree).

It's the same reason I hate to support the Supreme Court ruling that protects Fred Phelps and his hateful band of miscreants that from the WBC. If we ban that, we simply erode our own freedoms more.

I would like to see a flag burner try and burn the flag in the parking lot of a local VFW or American Legion hall.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This.

And, we (most of the gun owners), hail the MacDonald vs Chicago decision is a great example of the Constitution at it's fiinest! But don't forget the liberal douches, and even the worthless ones on the Supreme Court dennounce the decision on idealogical lines alone! Those piles of s**t Sotomayer and Kagen know what the 2nd Amendment means, they just choose to let their ideology interfere with their charter.

That's where the emotion needs to be removed from the process!

Ranger57

Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    He is an American exercising a protected right under the constitution and I hope no one harms him.

We do not live in Commie China or under a dictatorship like Iran where we have no rights, and our ability show contempt toward govt. is meet with gunfire or death.

The best way to treat him is similar to an internet troll.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Don't acknowledgment him, don't give him publicity, don't show him reactions, and don't spread the word of his deeds.

:)

Your a hippie too...You support and uphold his actions so your no better him!!! Hippie!!! American Flag burners should have their citizenship revoked.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Your a hippie too...You support and uphold his actions so your no better him!!! Hippie!!! American Flag burners should have their citizenship revoked.

It would be truly unamerican to do so. To have freedom and liberty you have to take the good with the bad. You can't deny someone the right to express their right to protest and speak their mind just because you don't like what they have to say. You might as well take their guns away too.

Top Bottom