LW-15 Group buy ROUND 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I would make a new thread called "LW-15 group buy round 2" as to not get people confused and get the word out a bit better.

Gsneff-- thanks for taking charge!

1. Headspace x2
    2. GSNeff (maybe a second one if it's needed to put us over the 20 mark!)
    3. LNSVince x2
    4. mjc1677
    5. ReelKaos x2
    6. Bulldog87

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I know Alan at Geaux Shootin will do the transfers if Bryan can't/is still doing transfers from the last 53 we bought. I like Bryan, but I also like to spread my money around with all sponsors. We are blessed to have so many good dealers in south Louisiana.

Details?

What area?
    What FFL?
    FFL fee?

22doberman22

choot'em
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    Ill take 6 .... Ill probably take <6 if its polymer lowers. I just have no experince with them yet, but I would want to try one or two.

Last edited:

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I know Alan at Geaux Shootin will do the transfers if Bryan can't/is still doing transfers from the last 53 we bought. I like Bryan, but I also like to spread my money around with all sponsors. We are blessed to have so many good dealers in south Louisiana.

Understood and a great point.........

I think the final deal was ~ $85 for the Lowers, T-shirt and $10 transfers [ correct me if I'm wrong ]

Guys Right now, we need to show 100% for sure that there is another GP forming.
    So please dont put your name down UNLESS your "IN"
    We cant promise that Joe Bob and LA gun are in 100% just yet. [ unless Im wrong again ]

The final result is to get a Serious and HUGE upper order at some sweet discount after this.

1. Headspace x2
    2. GSNeff (maybe a second one if it's needed to put us over the 20 mark!)
    3. LNSVince x2
    4. mjc1677
    5. ReelKaos x2
    6. Bulldog87
    7: 22doberman22 x <6 ?

Last edited:

22doberman22

choot'em
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    I just need to know what kind of lower we are in for and what the transfer price will be. I will get in for sure but that is the deciding factor if I'm in for 6.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I'm in for one.

Is it legal to convert one to a pistol lower if no upper is ever put on it? Or is it considered a rifle because of the buttstock and the once a rifle always a rifle rule applies? If it's legal I'd be in for two.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    So who is doing the transfer? I would be interested if it is not too far away. I have the privilege of going into the BATF's permanent delayed status EVERY time I buy a gun, so I have to make 2 trips. One to fill out the background check, and another to after the waiting period is over.

cnodie1

Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Ok lets get organized :draw:

Before anyone else says "im in" we need to get everything with Joebob and the ffl straight. We would hate to all sign up and find the prices are more or we can not find an ffl to take on the order right now.

Second we should follow the previous groups format of listing your name for each one you want, i.e.

1.headspace
    2.headspace
    3.gsneff
    It makes everything more organized and keeps the numbers straight. If you want to add one to your total just add your name to the bottom of the list.

Third LNSvince, I think you should PM Spanky about getting this moved into the Group buy section just to keep people from being confused about the deal here.

Sorry to be anal about everything but I love seeing group buys come to fruition, especially when they are such a good deal!! :D

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ok lets get organized :draw:

Before anyone else says "im in" we need to get everything with Joebob and the ffl straight. We would hate to all sign up and find the prices are more or we can not find an ffl to take on the order right now.

Second we should follow the previous groups format of listing your name for each one you want, i.e.

1.headspace
    2.headspace
    3.gsneff
    It makes everything more organized and keeps the numbers straight. If you want to add one to your total just add your name to the bottom of the list.

Third LNSvince, I think you should PM Spanky about getting this moved into the Group buy section just to keep people from being confused about the deal here.

Sorry to be anal about everything but I love seeing group buys come to fruition, especially when they are such a good deal!! :D

Yeah, someone take control. The last group buy when really, really well, but I am getting PM's for lowers. I am not running this one folks, not that the first one was any trouble at all, it just takes up time that I need to put into my fledgling business.

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm in for one.

Is it legal to convert one to a pistol lower if no upper is ever put on it? Or is it considered a rifle because of the buttstock and the once a rifle always a rifle rule applies? If it's legal I'd be in for two.

Nope, it's a rifle forever because it is being sold with the buttstock. It will be marked as long gun on the 4473.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Nope, it's a rifle forever because it is being sold with the buttstock. It will be marked as long gun on the 4473.

It will be marked as "other" on the 4473.
    There was an ATF letter sometime back posted that stated you could go from back and forth between pistols and rifles as long as the buttstock and short barrel where not both on at the same time.
    I'll try to find the letter. Found it.

Post Here: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?65639-need-advice-registering-stripped-lower&

Letter Here:http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

Last edited:

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It will be marked as "other" on the 4473.
    There was an ATF letter sometime back posted that stated you could go from back and forth between pistols and rifles as long as the buttstock and short barrel where not both on at the same time.
    I'll try to find the letter. Found it.

Post Here: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?65639-need-advice-registering-stripped-lower&

Letter Here:http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

I can guarantee if you do the 4473 with LA Gun they will mark it as "long gun" and not other, frame or receiver. As to converting back and forth it was my understanding that would apply if the firearm was purchased as a frame/receiver but not if it was listed as "long gun" or handgun. I could certainly be wrong about that but I'd have to read that letter a few more times or see a more specific ATF letter as it applies to the AR. At best I think you need to have a long barrel if you keep the buttstock/receiver extension "in close proximity".

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom