M&P 2.0 Modifications?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Before I make the investment into an Apex Tactical kit for the M&P 2.0, I'd like to know if anyone here has experience with them (good or bad).

The only other modification I'm thinking of making is a new set of sights.

Edit - Got my answers elsewhere. I never asked about cast bullets and thumb safeties.

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have Apex flat forward set triggers in 3 of my full size 2.0's 9mm, .40, and .45. I love them. Factory pull on stock M&P is 5# 5-9 oz, with the sear and trigger spring from Apex its 4# 6oz, with stock trigger and sear spring its's 3# 5oz. You still use the spring and striker block that comes with the kit. If you haven't tried the Apex yet I'll offer you a chance to try all of mine.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have Apex flat forward set triggers in 3 of my full size 2.0's 9mm, .40, and .45. I love them. Factory pull on stock M&P is 5# 5-9 oz, with the sear and trigger spring from Apex its 4# 6oz, with stock trigger and sear spring its's 3# 5oz. You still use the spring and striker block that comes with the kit. If you haven't tried the Apex yet I'll offer you a chance to try all of mine.

I fully disassembled my 2.0 compact when I got it. I noticed the sear has a small dent/pit in it and confirmed with others that it’s common. Supposedly it was where they did a hardness test on the top of the sear. It doesn’t contact anything, but I found it strange.

I’m most likely going to order the Apex kit and replace it all. The trigger is really awful right now. I usually don’t complain about triggers, but the plunger itself is sticking and I was told the Apex kit will take all of the funk out.

The only difference is I was planning on using the Duty/Carry kit with a curved trigger.

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I have the Apex trigger on my full sized M&P9 (first gen) as well as my M&P9 Compact 2.0 (3.6" bbl). It makes more of a difference on the older M&P but it is an improvement on both guns. It's a pain in the ass due to the factory rear sight, but it's doable for sure.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have the Apex trigger on my full sized M&P9 (first gen) as well as my M&P9 Compact 2.0 (3.6" bbl). It makes more of a difference on the older M&P but it is an improvement on both guns. It's a pain in the ass due to the factory rear sight, but it's doable for sure.

It must be one of the few that the rear sight must be removed to install trigger components.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It must be one of the few that the rear sight must be removed to install trigger components.

It has to be removed to pull the striker safety block (plunger) and spring up through the top of the slide. Unlike a Glock, it’s not held in by the extractor.

Top Bottom