M&P conversion 40-9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clem131

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    BATON ROUGE, LA
    :D:D Good news 90 bucks can convert your .40 to 9mm! :D:D
    Last month i have decided that i was going to make the leap of faith and try to convert my M&P 40 to 9mm.
    40 ammo is harder and harder to come by and getting more expensive by the day so in order to keep my shooting
    routine going a change was needed. There is little reported on this subject and to make matters worse the results are 50/50.
    I'm happy to report that after only dropping in a stock 9mm barrel and using 9mm mags that the gun runs flawlessly.
    I have about 500 rounds (mix between hp and reloads and factory ball) down the new pipe and i haven't had a single hiccup.
    i will monitor it and report back to this thread with my findings as i test more.

When you can find them in stock:
    midway usa has the barrels for $60
    and mags are about $30 everywhere

d_hawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Awesome! Im glad it worked out. Are you going to keep the .40 stuff and have 2(ish) weapons or are you planning on selling the .40 stuff?

Is the spring the same between the 2 calibers?

clem131

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    BATON ROUGE, LA
    yes sir i'm going to keep the .40 cal set up. i like the fact i just need to switch barrels to shoot major power factor.
    but i do know that the 9mm will not convert as easily to .40 cal. the 9mm frame feed ramp cut out isn't cut as wide so its not
    a "drop in" conversion. but a gun smith can easily shade off a little to accommodate the bigger feed ramp.

Last edited:

clem131

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    BATON ROUGE, LA
    i was also surprised that the bullet impact point was the same as the .40. i would have though that the 9mm would impact higher...
    i'm just happy that the sights are still on :chuckles:

Top Bottom