M&P CORE Owners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter7

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    southeast LA
    To you CORE owners,

I was at the range today shooting my CORE 9mm, 3rd time, but I got my new optics on it, so I was getting the optics zerod at 25 yards. Once I did, this thing was awesome, and fun I might say. But problems arose again with the gun. For the 3rd Time, the gun pulled a federal HP into the chamber, would not close all the way and got jammed. The trigger can not be pulled so it is in a safe position. But it is jammed tighter that d*@%'s hatband. Gunsmith could not get it undone this time. Called Smith and Wesson and told them of the problem, they sent me a shipping label and want the gun. But, they want the round out before hand, gunsmith doesn't know how to get it out in the position it is in. The slide spring shaft is sticking out the end about 1/3 inch and it is in the position for good. I am thinking that I just send it back as is so they can see it. Question is, has anybody else had any problems of this sort with their CORE's. Thanks,

PS This gun just might be for sale with optics and new hard sear and usb for apex I have on the way, when it is all said and done. Extremely aggrivated!!!!

Both sides of case'. Seems to be flared a little towards the primer end' uh?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      102.5 KB · Views: 69
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      102.1 KB · Views: 69
    Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Don't send it with a live round.

That's ****ing dangerous and stupid and after being the recipient of "surprise, it's loaded!" guns many times when people bring their broke **** in, I guarantee someone's gonna wanna deck you.

If your gunsmith can't get the slide to remove the round, he needs a bigger hammer :P

shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    Ive heard a gunsmith talk about an issue of rounds being stuck in the chamber and sticking the gun in the freezer and after cooling being able to rack the slide to remove eject the round. I have never tried it myself and i am not a gunsmith. Plus my understanding is metal contracts when cooled so might have just been a story to see if someone would actually stick a gun in the freezer so he could get a good laugh

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Plus my understanding is metal contracts when cooled so might have just been a story to see if someone would actually stick a gun in the freezer so he could get a good laugh

The idea is the thin brass will shrink at a faster rate than the stainless steel.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Alternatively, a bigger hammer.

If neither works, try both freezing it and using a bigger hammer. Maybe a bigger, frozen, hammer.

But whatever you do, don't try heating up the barrel with a torch to counteract the frozen casing.

Pelican Pawn

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I had it happen to me on M&P full size. What grain bullets are they? The round is to long or its not crimped enough. If you push on the end of the extractor you can get it to release the case. Then take a rod and push the bullet out. If you want to sell the CORE let me know.

shooter7

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    southeast LA
    Its a 124 grain. How can I hold the extractor down when I cant get to it. the slide opening is still closed technically. Im listening, all help is appreciated

Top Bottom