M&P Grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheUsualSuspect

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Calcasieu Parish
    download

Apologies for the sideways picture. First attempt at uploading a photo to BS. I was just curious if there were any BS members that found a way to permanently modify the grip on their M&P .45. Love this pistol with all my heart, just need a way to enhance the grip. Seems like I have to readjust my grip after every few shots. Wish Talon Grips made one for the M&P. Anyways, just anxious to see what fellow BS members prefer when it comes to their M&P grips. This will also be my CCW during the winter months, so keep in mind any grip adjustments that may affect that purpose. Thanks and Happy Shooting!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Welcome as Barret mentioned, stippling sounds like what you need or 3m grip tape could be another option.

SpeedRacer here in the forum is a MASTER at stippling M&P's just FYI

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I had my M&P .45 (4.5") stippled when it went off to Dan Burwell for trigger work.

Looking at SpeedRacer's work, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. He's the man with that iron, and continues to impress the heck out of me.

There's also... well... what I'd call poor design in some of the interchangeable backstraps. At least as they apply to the .45; not sure about the smaller frames. As you go up in size, the surface doesn't only increase front-to-back, but side-to-side as well. Sadly, this occurs at the rear of the grip, and what should be a palm swell actually contacts your hands at the heel. While going to the largest backstrap does provide more surface area, it also means worse and worse contact with the frame-- at least for me.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Thanks for the compliments guys. ;)

Stippling is definitely the way to go. Grip tape works well, but is hell to carry. It will rub you raw and catch like velcro on any clothing in its way. The texturing on the M&P really is a joke though, and becomes slicker than snot when your hands are sweaty. After shooting my first stippled polymer gun, everything else was just didn't feel right.

Top Bottom