M&P Love

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    If the gun is capable of that kind of accuracy, the sights are adequate to the task and the shooter is familiar enough with the trigger-- indeed, it should be quite doable. Even repeatedly.

One slowfired shot at a time.

Let's see it on a rack of 6" plates at 12 yards, from holster or as an array on a larger stage, in a timely fashion. That's a better measure of shootability. Hell-- compare them on El Pres; more than sufficient testing grounds.

The only thing that matters for accuracy on a single shot is that the sights are properly mounted on the target and not disrupted before the shot breaks. You can stand however you want, hold the gun however you want, shoot with your eyes skewed up however you want-- on into ridiculous infinity. It's the shot after that (and that, and that, and that) where technique comes into play, and where "shootability" really becomes a factor.

Furthermore, you can make that same shot with the M&P without a doubt. "Shootability" is a measurement of how easy it is to do with any particular firearm-- not that it's simply possible. Hence its greater application in terms of speed, transitions, imperfect sight pictures... the type of stuff that really matters in a gunfight.

Otherwise, what's the point of going with the 3.5 connecter in the first place? Stick to the factory configuration if improved trigger feel isn't a factor-- unless you're in the mood to spend money on frugalities.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    If the gun is capable of that kind of accuracy, the sights are adequate to the task and the shooter is familiar enough with the trigger-- indeed, it should be quite doable. Even repeatedly.

One slowfired shot at a time.

Let's see it on a rack of 6" plates at 12 yards, from holster or as an array on a larger stage, in a timely fashion. That's a better measure of shootability. Hell-- compare them on El Pres; more than sufficient testing grounds.

The only thing that matters for accuracy on a single shot is that the sights are properly mounted on the target and not disrupted before the shot breaks. You can stand however you want, hold the gun however you want, shoot with your eyes skewed up however you want-- on into ridiculous infinity. It's the shot after that (and that, and that, and that) where technique comes into play, and where "shootability" really becomes a factor.

Furthermore, you can make that same shot with the M&P without a doubt. "Shootability" is a measurement of how easy it is to do with any particular firearm-- not that it's simply possible. Hence its greater application in terms of speed, transitions, imperfect sight pictures... the type of stuff that really matters in a gunfight.

Otherwise, what's the point of going with the 3.5 connecter in the first place? Stick to the factory configuration if improved trigger feel isn't a factor-- unless you're in the mood to spend money on frugalities.

Oh, it won't be as 'easy' as back when I used a 1911 in competition, but I've used a 19 to compete too (Although I'm out of practice... too much school) and as I said...
    Not much difference between the 26 and 19 when your used to it.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Easier than you'd think, and there's little Difference in 'shootability' between the 19 and 26 once you've shot them a bit.

Did it at a Carbine class, after the class. I shot my latest Hi Power for the first time then too... Nailed it at the first shot. (I should a stopped there, took me 3 more tries to do it again!) :hs:

I need to work on my J frame shooting...
    I actually find there is not much difference between the 17 and the 19. The 26 seems snappier to me and that may be due to the shorter grip and even with a pinky extension,the 26 doesn't feel as balanced as the 19 or the 17. Still a great CC pistol,though.

The one M&P9 that I own is one of the "softest" shooting pistols I've ever shot. I find a certain kind of comfort level shooting the M&P as opposed to the "clumsy" feel of the XD. However,I've grown accustomed to my XD and find it to be a natural pointer for me,hence,has become a mainstay in my 9mm collection.

The M&P9c is quite comfy to carry all day as opposed to the G26 or the XD9sc which can feel like a brick in my pants after a while.

As far as shooting a J frame (since we're taliking Smiths)...it is an art I've been perfecting for years. I do shoot more 38 j frame than anything else because it is my preffered EDC. I can honestly say that I have become a better instictive shooter because of the work I put into perfecting snubby shooting.

Overall,I like my M&P and that too resides permanently with my XD and Glock.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    What im confused...now the Xd has a clumsy feel? Two days ago you loved it! In this same thread your saying the Xd is your fav 9, 2 days ago you said that was the Glocks. Wow. Form an opinion.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I like my Xd but compared to Glock it does have a "clumsier" feel to it. Even with that saying it doesn't intrude on my shooting capability of the gun. I do shoot the XD better than the Glock but it doesn't make it any better than it. Just like I can shoot my M&P and my J & K frames and they all feel different. The world doesn't revolve around Glock even though it is the most prolific gun on the planet. If I didn't compare the XD against others it wouldn't feel clumsy because I wouldn't know any better. However,I have the luxury of options and do notice the difference. Once again...it doesn't make it any better or worse...just different.

Hey VG....I'm 5'11" and 185lbs. Got an arguement for that? Don't get so tangled up in this,man. Your agenda is starting to be quite unclear and undermining lately.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    VG,I'm not gonna let JBP's post go 86 like mine did but keep this in mind.....

When my father passed away a little over 2 weeks ago,I had the task of going through his extensive gun collection. And when I say extensive I mean 5 Cannon safes filled with various rifles,shotguns and handguns...and he loved them all. Just like his 5 children,includng myself....he loved us all....equally.

Where is the love,man?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I don't have an argument for any of this. You made the case for me. You a gun collector. That's awesome enjoy the journey. You aren't someone that anyone should go to for serious advice on using a handgun to defend themselve. You're a big contradiction.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Gun collector? That was my dad, not me. I just own different once. VG...you are so lost in translation but this thread is not gonna go there anymore. No negativity here...unless you wanna pm but thats not worth my time.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I don't have an argument for any of this. You made the case for me. You a gun collector. That's awesome enjoy the journey. You aren't someone that anyone should go to for serious advice on using a handgun to defend themselve. You're a big contradiction.

HEY! WHatcha got against Gun collectors? I don't know how many guns I own, but it numbers in the hundreds...

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oh, it won't be as 'easy' as back when I used a 1911 in competition, but I've used a 19 to compete too (Although I'm out of practice... too much school) and as I said...
    Not much difference between the 26 and 19 when your used to it.

Fair enough. Like Cujo, I find the 26 to be notably snappier than the 17-- while the 19 is the same as its full sized cousin. At the same time, the loss of sight radius between the 17 and the 19 is relatively negligible; not so much for the 26.

I can say for sure though that it's easier for me to make that shot with an M&P than a Glock-- regardless of model number. For whatever reason, I just pull that trigger better-- especially after APEX or custom treatment, but even "gritty as Hell, out of the box".

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Great to see an American company get overseas sales like we used to. I can't really comment on the M&P, but they seem nice.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I've handled several pistols lately, the M&P .45 is going to be my next purchase. It is absolutely one of the most comfortable semi-autos I've ever held.
    It just fits right, nothing much more to it than that.

Not knocking any other ones out there, but the M&P wins for me.

(and it's not just because it's a Smith.. I was really considering a Glock 21 also. Smith won my next buy on the comfort level alone. )

Top Bottom