M-TAC, SkyOps, or Supertuck for XD9?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone familiar with using any of these 3 IWB concealment holsters, please post your opinion or experience. Any comparative naratives would be especially helpful.
    Thanks,
    XD-GEM

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have an M-Tac and I love it.

Concealment, Comfort, Versatility, Toughness...it has all that I require.

Mine is for a Glock 19, I carry a Glock 26 in it 99 out of 100 times that I carry.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I have the Supertuck for my XD. I have no issues with it. I saw Spankys M-Tac and it looked a smaller and more narrow than mine. I want to sell my Supertuck and get the M-Tac that way I can carry my XD or Sig.

AfterShock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I use the MTAC. It conceals well, is not too uncomfortable (does feel a bit awkward when sitting in a bucket seat to drive), and draws smooth. Carry a G19 in it.

The CTAC paddle is much more comfortable and accessible, but if you need the extra concealment the MTAC is great.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have no experience with the SkyOps but I can tell you that the MTAC is leaps and bounds above the Supertuck in every possible category.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wow, 5 replies so far and all like the MTAC. I was intrigued by the SkyOps Y-shaped belt clip, but with this much recommendation, I might lean toward the MTAC. I'm still a bit from getting one of these, so any other comments are still welcome.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Out of the three you listed, the M-Tac is the only one I have personal experience with. I can say that it is very comfortable and I didn't have any problems with it while I was waiting for a custom IWB holster to arrive. I will more than likely use it again if I find a gun to replace my current carry pistol. The kydex is interchangeable allowing for swapping out to what you want to carry at the time. That is pretty darn cool. The shipping was extremely quick. I have heard the customer support was great, but didn't have to use them. They got everything right and it was in great shape. Good choice in my book.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I have a Supertuck for my 1911, and I really like it. I have a C-TAC for my G19 and a M-TAC for my G26. I like them all.

Top Bottom