M31/KP31 Suomi

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fracture_U

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So I have a buddy that just bought 4 of these kits http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/WX114 and is attempting to fabricate a receiver for them. I was just curious if anyone here has had their hands on one of these before and would it be worth it to find a semi auto receiver and new bolt to make up a plinking gun.
    RIFLE-SUOMI-RIGHT-D.jpg

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    No personal experience with one but I'll throw in my two cents worth. I do like the history of milsurplus arms and this looks like a fun project if the costs are kept to a bare bones minimum. But other than the practicality of having fun building it, I doubt it can do anything other some pistol caliber carbines can't do better for less.

It brings to mind all the tacticool .22's of late. They may be nice toys but a plain vanilla 10/22 can provide as much enjoyment for half the cost. But that's just me. Our differences are one factor that makes life interesting.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Did some searching and couldn't really find a straight answer (can't say I was looking to hard)

It would be cool to get one going again. Keep us updated on his prigress!

Fracture_U

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for all the input fellas. Cleburne, I agree with you on your comment about the tacticool .22's - and in this case, 9mm is still not "that" cheap - but my friend is a collector and will no doubt have with it. As for finding anything on it - I did about as much searching as cnodie1 and found nothing but pictures. Thanks for the links Dixie, I will see if he has that info or not. Thanks again fellas.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Thanks for all the input fellas. Cleburne, I agree with you on your comment about the tacticool .22's - and in this case, 9mm is still not "that" cheap - but my friend is a collector and will no doubt have with it. As for finding anything on it - I did about as much searching as cnodie1 and found nothing but pictures. Thanks for the links Dixie, I will see if he has that info or not. Thanks again fellas.

Well, if he decides to not build one of the kits, I'd be interested in one of them. I have 4 beretta kits to build up. Was going to sell them but looking for that soumi receiver reinvigerated me to want to build up my beretta 38a carbines....

Fracture_U

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, if he decides to not build one of the kits, I'd be interested in one of them. I have 4 beretta kits to build up. Was going to sell them but looking for that soumi receiver reinvigerated me to want to build up my beretta 38a carbines....

I just talked to him again today and he bought 2 more kits for a total of 6. I am not sure if this guy is crazy or what, but he wants to turn one into a .45 and another into a .50 AE? Not sure where he will get the barrels for them, but hey, he has 30 days off every other month... not too sure how that will play out.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Dixiejarhead gave you the best links for parts. Here is a link to the Weaponeer forum. If you have any questions about this build these guys can get you the right answers. http://www.weaponeer.net/

Also, I have one of the TNW Suomi M31s.

attachment.php

Mine is an early striker type FCG and seems to work flawlessly. My friend bought a later model with a hammer FCG and we had nothing but FTFs no matter what we done. I don't think that it had anything to do with the FCG. I think that it was a feed ramp issue. I don't know whether he plans to send it back to TNW or try to fix it himself. (I would send it back)

Al

Top Bottom