M4 hand guard removal tool.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I got my new rifle and having a bit of trouble installing the hand guards back on. Anyone in the area think I could possibly barrow their tool to help push the ring down so I can put this on I would greatly appreciate it.

Not to mention my thumbs would thank you too.

I live in the Kenner area any one around here mind giving me a shout if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Hattrick

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    if you know where coral connection is, head out there tomorrow (Friday) by 1015am.. i'l be there and install it for you, w/o tools lol... but if its that difficult, George has the tool.

don't be late, because there's a good chance we'll be gone not long as 1015am... that's the meet up area for a few of us b4 going to the Mississippi Classic.

Last edited:

TooOld

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Laplace
    Hattrick, if you don't make it today and still have problems, you can use the handles of a channel lock pliers. Just sit in a chair, put the jaws of the channel lock under your leg just above your knee, put the base of the handles around the delta ring, squeeze and push down. Your other hand is free to remove or install the guards. I've had the same problem and this has worked great for me.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Thanks for the idea with the channel locks I'll give that a try when I get home. I'm at work today and don't get off till 230 but thanks for the offer to to help.

It must be lack of knowledge or lack of strength. From the YouTube videos it looked rather easy.

TooOld

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Laplace
    Just hope it helped. I have found some harder than others so it might not be all strength. But in my case at 65+ my hands and fingers cramp much easier from years of working with my hands, so now I have to do things a little different using more brain and a little less brawn. Something I should have been doing a long time ago then maybe I would not have all those aches and pains I have today.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Just an update when I got home yesterday I got some channel locks and sat down then decided to give it one more go with just my hands and I was able to get it back on without using the channel locks on it. Took about 5 mind to out back on I guess the strength training from the night before paid off.

Top Bottom