machining suppressors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Register with state as a manufacturer
    http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chDealerReg.pdf

Register can with state
    http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chFirearmReg.pdf

Send approved state form with Form 1 to ATF

Fill out ATF form 1
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf

Wait for form to approve.

Build and engrave

NOTE:
    Form 1 requires chief LEO signature if you do not have a trust or LLC and decide to register as an individual.
    Also will need 2 completed fingerprint cards submitted with the ATF form 1 if you register as an individual

The end.

Last edited:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    teddy are you sure, I thought all an individual had to do was to form 1. When I was building ak's from flats, we never registered with the state and we were "manufacturing" technically.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    teddy are you sure, I thought all an individual had to do was to form 1. When I was building ak's from flats, we never registered with the state and we were "manufacturing" technically.

Building a rifle is different from building a SBR or suppressor. Additional forms required.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Building a rifle is different from building a SBR or suppressor. Additional forms required.
    Actually no forms are required to build a firearm, as long as you are doing it for yourself and not for a business. As far as NFA, I am well aware of that process, owning several suppressors myself. However several friends that have built sbr's and aow's have not had to register with the state, just the atf form 1.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    e9e8y6eh.jpg

yry4a7e2.jpg

Last edited:

Bob L.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I believe the ATF will return your Form 1 (without approval), if you don't submit the states forms with it.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    A "new" suppressor will require the manufacturer registration because it does not already have a serial number. You are manufacturing it. An SBR does not require the manufacturing paperwork because you are modifying an exsisting firearm. I have 4 SBRs and never filled them out.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    A "new" suppressor will require the manufacturer registration because it does not already have a serial number. You are manufacturing it. An SBR does not require the manufacturing paperwork because you are modifying an exsisting firearm. I have 4 SBRs and never filled them out.

This. Same situation here with the SBRs and no manufacturing paperwork. Only on a Form 1 silencer or gun made from scratch.

Top Bottom