Mag Tube Extension Install and Removal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulldog009

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Ruston, LA - Pineville, LA
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has already been talked about, but I can't find any one who answers this question anywhere online. I am gearing up for my first 3-gun match, and I'm looking at getting a mag tube extension for my shotgun. My problem however, is I only have one shotgun which I hunt with, and since I'm in college I can't just go and buy a dedicated 3-gun shotgun. I have a Stoeger M3000, which requires the removal of tube tabs in order for the new follower to pass through. My question is, after installation, can the mag tube be removed and put back into a factory setting with a two round plug for duck hunting? If I can't do this, then I won't be buying an extension because I hunt much more than I will be shooting 3-gun. Thanks!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I am not familiar with that shotgun or the necessary mods for the tube but couldnt you just cut a dow rod to the length needed to replace your factory plug.
    As long as your tube holds 2 rounds max while hunting you should be good to go. Although it may not be ideal it would work.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I am not familiar with that shotgun or the necessary mods for the tube but couldnt you just cut a dow rod to the length needed to replace your factory plug.
    As long as your tube holds 2 rounds max while hunting you should be good to go. Although it may not be ideal it would work.

I have a friend that did that but he used a plastic coat hanger, cut down to size and done deal. He claims the "wood rod" holds moisture and eventually generates rust.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    As long as the threads aren't affected, tab removal should not be an issue. I had to remove two dimples(follower retainers) on my 11-87 to use an extension.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    You give me a length and I will turn you an extended plug on my wood lathe or, I am sure that you could do like Scooter said and just let the cap hold it all in. You would just have to be careful if you ever have to remove it in the duct blind. I have rocketed a spring and plug out of a boat before.

BTW- Sean Gaines at power factor shooting can hook you up with an extended tube. I handled a Stoeger that he and Briley tricked out at the Space City Challenge last year and it was very nice.

www.powerfactorshooting.com

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    You could take Jeff up on his offer or you could cut an aluminum arrow shaft as a plug for use with the extended magazine tube. Leave the fletching on the shaft (fletching toward the muzzle) and it will not move around and rattle.

bulldog009

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Ruston, LA - Pineville, LA
    You give me a length and I will turn you an extended plug on my wood lathe or, I am sure that you could do like Scooter said and just let the cap hold it all in. You would just have to be careful if you ever have to remove it in the duct blind. I have rocketed a spring and plug out of a boat before.

BTW- Sean Gaines at power factor shooting can hook you up with an extended tube. I handled a Stoeger that he and Briley tricked out at the Space City Challenge last year and it was very nice.

www.powerfactorshooting.com

Jeff, how much would Sean charge for a tube? I looked on his site, and unless i'm blind or dumb I didn't see one listed for a Stoeger. Just a ball park estimate if he had to make one custom?

Last edited:

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Not sure. I looked on his site and didn't see them either. Give him a call and he can let you know. I would suspect somewhere between 80-100.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom