Makes me wanna slap the stupidity out of some folks.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    A couple of friends and myself were at the pistol range at Sherburne this past weekend. Everything was going pretty well till I heard someone yell "Cease fire!!" I wasn't shooting at the time and wasn't even looking down range. Some fool had walked out to his target stand while others were still shooting. Makes you wanna slap 'em good and hard!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone else have similar things happen while you're at the gun range?

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    That kinda thing can be reported to those guys who sit in their shed drinking coffee, but doubt they would have done anything.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hey guys I got a question hopeing I can learn from y'all veterans.i own a few handguns and I go to indoor shooting ranges.normally I would just hit the switch for the target sheet to come back and change it out.i just purchased my first rifle and I plan on going to an out door range for my first time.how do you know when it's clear for you to go change the target sheets in an outdoor range?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Hey guys I got a question hopeing I can learn from y'all veterans.i own a few handguns and I go to indoor shooting ranges.normally I would just hit the switch for the target sheet to come back and change it out.i just purchased my first rifle and I plan on going to an out door range for my first time.how do you know when it's clear for you to go change the target sheets in an outdoor range?

Everyone looks up and down the line and yells "cold range". Then walk down there to your targets.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    At nick' s they usually have a range master or someone out there monitering and they will say range cold etc.. at that time you can walk out and look/change your target but don't load your rifle and or shotgun back up until the range becomes hot agian. I have seen a lot of people do that before and chamber a round. It's better safe than sorry since they can not always tell who is a noob etc.

To be honest I would talk to the range master and even inside where you sign in to get the general lay out of how things operate etc.

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I've had that happen at sherbourne on the rifle range. Lots of us yelled at him not to go down range until its called cold. All rifles to be picked up off the rests and racked with actions open or put on or in your gun case unloaded. No rifles being pointed down range.
    They need to post rules to that effect to be seen when you walk up to the firing line to unload your gear. Common sense is uncommon.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I've had that happen at sherbourne on the rifle range. Lots of us yelled at him not to go down range until its called cold. All rifles to be picked up off the rests and racked with actions open or put on or in your gun case unloaded. No rifles being pointed down range.

Which way are the rifles pointed, if not down range?

At the KD range when I was in the Army, they were pointed down range all the time.

"Ready on the right? Ready on the left? Ready on the firing line. Commence fire."

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    A couple of friends and myself were at the pistol range at Sherburne this past weekend. Everything was going pretty well till I heard someone yell "Cease fire!!" I wasn't shooting at the time and wasn't even looking down range. Some fool had walked out to his target stand while others were still shooting. Makes you wanna slap 'em good and hard!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I actually had the same thing happen with another member of these boards at the local indoor range. I was about halfway through the trigger pull of my single six when his head appeared in front of the sights. He'd gone downrange to pick up brass.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Yes, all the time. A major reason why I am going to build my own private range hopefully in the next 2-3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom