making grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Well, i couldnt find dymond wood for a decent size nd price so i found some Zebrawood that looks great. Looks similar to this:

65908_1588852594854_1041990371_31703376_2848312_n.jpg

And yes, this is my guitar

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    I don't understand what exactly you want to know I have been making my own handgun grips for several years basic replacements are not too difficult. I have used more walnut than anything else. I live in Homer, which is about 45 miles from Ruston,if I can help you either pm me or email at hoodbar@att.net.

momohunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    gretna
    I've been thinking of trying this too. I was wondering what needs to be done to the wood before using it? I live on a farm and have access to several types of walnut and other hard woods but everywhere I've looked only talks about using wood blanks from a shop. Is there any reason not to use what I have here?

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I've fitted a rough cut walnut stock and forearm for a Winchester 1873 but never bade anything of the sort from scratch. Based on that limited experience all I can say is take it slow, be patient, don't remove too much material at one time and check fit often.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    If you are using home cut wood make sure to use wood only from the trunk of the tree. Also make sure that you follow proper drying techniques to make sure that the wood does not split or warp during drying.

Top Bottom