man drew his gun while waiting to buy ammunition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimak707

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Annoyed by people cutting in line, police say a man drew his gun while waiting to buy ammunition on Friday.

The incident happened at Gander Mountain.

Ernesto Vasquez, 51, was arrested around 8 a.m. on charges of aggravated assault.

Workers at the store said every Friday morning boxes of ammunition get put on the shelves. The demand for these boxes is so high that people line up outside before the doors even open.****

Police say Vasquez was upset because people were cutting in line. Witnesses told police that he pulled out*his gun and threatened another customer.*

Police were called to the scene immediately and Vasquez was arrested. As of Friday evening, Vasquez is in custody on aggravated assault charges.*

The store manager at Gander Mountain declined to comment and the corporate office would not return our phone calls. No one was hurt.*

Darla Granberry, a certified concealed handgun license instructor, said there are only certain circumstances where drawing a gun is necessary and this was not one of them.

"When you felt like your life was in danger or you were being robbed or sexually assaulted - just being cut in line would not be any reason to produce a gun," said Granberry.

Granberry said people who own a gun should know better than that.*

"We like to think that concealed handgun license holders are mature and responsible and courteous adults. So their response to an aggravation should not be the production of a gun," she said. *

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I figured this would happen sooner are later. I've seen a little aggravation myself and felt it a few times but pulling out a gun? This makes everyone look bad. Thank goodness this guy didn't shoot. The media and politicians would have a feild day.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    When you felt like your life was in danger or you were being robbed or sexually assaulted - just being cut in line would not be any reason to produce a gun," said Granberry.

He was being robbed of his AMMO..Cant a man get some dammm ammo up in here!!!!

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    So my only question here is .......has the media got a hold this ? If so yall all know it is ANOTHER nail to put into the 2A coffin .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    They ought to put this ******* UNDER the jail and throw away the key. It's people like this that give us RESPONSIBLE gun owners a steeper mountain to climb when it comes to maintaining our right to keep and bear arms. All this jackass did was add more fuel to an already out-of-control fire... :mad:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    They ought to put this ******* UNDER the jail and throw away the key. It's people like this that give us RESPONSIBLE gun owners a steeper mountain to climb when it comes to maintaining our right to keep and bear arms. All this jackass did was add more fuel to an already out-of-control fire... :mad:

Can't agree more. Throw the book at this toolbox. Better yet, have the judge beat him with it. He deserves every minute he gets in jail.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

This.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Does this person have a CHP? It didn't seem to say.

Based on some of the comments I have heard in the four CHP classes I attended, some of them shouldn't carry. They are more interested in revenge and getting back than protecting themselves.
    :ohreally:

goose225pa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    port allen la
    I seen someone at academy get mad yesterday. I don't think he was going to draw his gun. But the workers need to quit telling people about these "truckloads" of ammo that supposed to come in that never see the shelf.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Didn't see anything saying he had a CCW to carry said weapon. But if he didn't, I bet the media will leave that part out and plant enough assumption seeds to make it so.

Nate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    Academy is quite clear on how and when they put firearms and ammo on the floor for sale. I believe if there are any irregularities in those policies management would like to know. Academy has also sold everything without the Obama surtax.

As far as pulling a gun, as Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

I am also pleased to see so many CCW holders agree. Really the privilege of having a CCW is knowing you cannot be a maroon with it.

BTW I am calling my legislators today and tell them part of the sesquester should be cancellation of the TSA ammo purchases.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Academy is quite clear on how and when they put firearms and ammo on the floor for sale. I believe if there are any irregularities in those policies management would like to know. Academy has also sold everything without the Obama surtax.

As far as pulling a gun, as Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

I am also pleased to see so many CCW holders agree. Really the privilege of having a CCW is knowing you cannot be a maroon with it.

BTW I am calling my legislators today and tell them part of the sesquester should be cancellation of the TSA ammo purchases.

So you dont believe the people who protect our airports should train and qualify with the weapons they carry around your kids?

Top Bottom