Man Raped At 14 Now Owes $15K In Child Support For Daughter He Didn't Know He Had

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    If the genders were reversed the 20-year-old would be sitting in jail and a registered sex offender. IMO the way the statutory rape laws in this country are written and enforced is ridiculous.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If the genders were reversed the 20-year-old would be sitting in jail and a registered sex offender.

I'm surprised she's not. Maybe it didn't get reported as it said he didn't press charges (on account of it being on purpose). I wonder if the fact that he was 14 at the time would factor into him paying child support. Or if she could still be on the hook for statutory. I don't know what the statute of limitations is on that or if it varies by state.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The article is misleading. The child is 6 years old and he is 24. Do the math

The math doesn't work out. There is still a one plus year difference in how old he is. 14+6=20+9 months=Less than 21 two years ago. I wonder if they did a DNA test.

No, the child is probably 8-9 now.

"Olivas is 24 years now, and two years ago he was served with papers by the state that let him know not only that he was the father of a 6-year-old girl"

24 now - 2 years ago = 22

22 - 6year old - 9mo = 15-ish

Figure in a little here or there in the "2 years ago" how far past six she was at the time and how far into 14 he was would make it correct.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I am not a legal expert, but people under 18 can't enter into a contract, so how could he be held responsible? I might go for custody, as the mom is an admitted child molester.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    I am not a legal expert, but people under 18 can't enter into a contract, so how could he be held responsible? I might go for custody, as the mom is an admitted child molester.
    This. I'd fight and try to send the mom to jail.

Would you really want someone raising your child who thinks it's okay to do such a thing and then go after their victim again anyway? Not me.

Fred, we still never got the chance to get together and BS man. You still go to TP?

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    What next? You donate sperm to a sperm bank and 10 years later get a bill for back child support?

A similar case like that actually happened. Lesbian couple gets a guy to donate, once the baby comes the lesbian couple files for state services (food stamps, WIC, other entitlement ********, etc). The state identifies the father and goes after him for child support to help recoup the freebies they have to give out

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    A similar case like that actually happened. Lesbian couple gets a guy to donate, once the baby comes the lesbian couple files for state services (food stamps, WIC, other entitlement ********, etc). The state identifies the father and goes after him for child support to help recoup the freebies they have to give out

Was that done through an actual sperm bank with all of the legal agreements and such or did he just "donate" in the usual way? I met a guy on here once (not you) that told me a story of a guy he knew with like a lesbian friend or family member or something (not important) that wanted a baby so he had sex with the other lesbian and she got pregnant. The lesbian couple broke up and the pregnant one went after the guy for child support. There is no free sex.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Fred, we still never got the chance to get together and BS man. You still go to TP?

I do shoot at TP all along. Don't go very often because of all the bullet holes in the bricks 90 degrees from the firing line... Kinda scary. Trying to find an outdoor place to shoot. We should meet and BS sometime. I know there are a couple more folks in the Northeast part of the state, maybe we could have a mini BS meet.

SteelHorseCowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Man, I thought I mentioned the OPSO range? Great place to shoot. Cheaper than TP, and unlimited targets. Plus they have reactive targets, which is what I prefer. I don't care about groups with a handgun, I care about hits on a target about the size of a paper plate.

Sadly, my 1911 is down for refinishing. I guess I could throw it back together, but be warned... it's hideous. I tried some home made rust blue. Ha. That was a fail...

Come if you must, but only if you must. For the day you find yourself upon my step shall be the night you find peace along Jordan's edge.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The mom never went for child support.

The State did.

The mom applied for State assistance and like the story bs875 said about the sperm bank donor... the State don't like to pay. They'd rather further victimize the rape victim.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Was that done through an actual sperm bank with all of the legal agreements and such or did he just "donate" in the usual way? I met a guy on here once (not you) that told me a story of a guy he knew with like a lesbian friend or family member or something (not important) that wanted a baby so he had sex with the other lesbian and she got pregnant. The lesbian couple broke up and the pregnant one went after the guy for child support. There is no free sex.

If I remember correctly they found him on CS, he donated in a cup, and they used a turkey baster.

Sent from a stolen iPad using TapaTalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom