Man shot and killed during Craigslist gun sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I was wondering that too. Why would they shoot him without taking the guns? What was the point of that?

Really only three logical answers...

1) They thought he'd be alone and wigged out when they saw the brother.
    2) It was a personal vendetta that they facilitated through CL and a gun buy.
    3) Tinfoil (?) Option-- it was literally designed to put a bad face on that type of sale. (In which case they obviously used amateurs...)

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was wondering that too. Why would they shoot him without taking the guns? What was the point of that?

Seriously. I read through the story too and was wondering the same thing. If I ever do a meet-up to buy a gun from someone, you bet your happy ass I will have company.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Damn... I've never made it a point to having a buddy with me or anything, but I don't think I've ever met in a non-public place or when it wasn't daytime, unless I knew the person. Sounds like they did get spooked by the second guy being there.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The story doesn't even say those were the people they were supposed to meet. I think we are jumping to conclusions at the moment.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Just throwing this out there, but Craigslist prohibits the selling of firearms of any kind.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Just throwing this out there, but Craigslist prohibits the selling of firearms of any kind.

That doesn't mean you can't have your ad up until it gets taken down. We often have links on this site to Craigslist ads. They eventually get reported and removed but in the mean time there they are.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They had a nearly identical case on First 48. Craigslist meeting, dude was shot and killed in front of his gf, nothing stolen. Basically came down to a botched robbery. Bad guy pulls gun, good guy doesn't comply as expected, bad guy freaks and pulls the trigger and then runs off.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I am usually on high guard when doing transactions through CL which is why I stopped buying and selling stuff on that site. I am much more at ease doing business on forums such as this. At least you can review a profile and see the feedback of the potential buyer/seller.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They had a nearly identical case on First 48. Craigslist meeting, dude was shot and killed in front of his gf, nothing stolen. Basically came down to a botched robbery. Bad guy pulls gun, good guy doesn't comply as expected, bad guy freaks and pulls the trigger and then runs off.

I'd say this sounds plausible.

Top Bottom