Man tried to stab deputy on a traffic stop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Perk_wild_wasteland.png

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Sounds like this goon has a death wish. Shot twice by police in two different encounters.

Maybe he's just running into cops that can shoot really bad or really good, depending on how you look at it....

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Holy crap, I was expecting the driver to be the aggressor. Then dude comes strollin' down the street out of nowhere. Good awareness and reaction by the officer.

And I bet the SUV driver crapped his pants. :o

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Nicely done by the lawman.

Once again, another goblin- unimpressed by jail time- rears his ugly head.....:dunno:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Life lesson here: we all need to practice our draw and remember situational awareness. 2 seconds is FAST. Great job on the officer and his situational awareness. I have work to do, thanks for posting.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Agreed; he did great, but as you mention, he did forget rule # 2:

He shot from retention, which usually results in a low hit.

C'mon, man; this deputy did extremely well, considering he went from zero to sixty in less than two seconds. He created distance, drew smoothly, and hit.

My only critcism would be that he didn't shoot more than once. But the idiot went down immediately; probably from a femur or pelvic hit.

Job well done.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Good awareness, indeed. That guy must have a death wish. Either that or an addiction to bath salts.

On a side note, it drives me crazy when people leave paperwork or other junk on their dash. The reflected image of the papers is a distraction while driving and in this case, totally obscured the stopped vehicles license plate from the dash cam.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Anybody knows how to record videos from liveleak ??????????
    The person that uploaded the vid got it from wistv.
    http://www.wistv.com/story/19277366...g-suspect-tried-to-stab-ticket-writing-deputy

Use Firefox plug-in DownloadHelper.
    Click on the the "Raw" video from wistv's website.
    When the DownloadHelper icon starts to spin you can down load the vid.

Here's a shortened 1 min clip of the shooting for download:
    http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/67710287/file.html

:)

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He shot from retention, which usually results in a low hit.

C'mon, man; this deputy did extremely well, considering he went from zero to sixty in less than two seconds. He created distance, drew smoothly, and hit.

My only critcism would be that he didn't shoot more than once. But the idiot went down immediately; probably from a femur or pelvic hit.

Job well done.

Oh I'm impressed, he drew, fired and stopped the BG within 2 seconds. Was just wondering and I too was wondering why I didn't hear Three 'Pop's' at least.

G

gunguy11

I'm surprised at two things.
    1. The perp didn't die since guns kills people.
    2. How was the deputy not stabbed. Guns don't protect people.
    On a better not. Props to the deputy. I bet he doesn't just shoot at their yearly qualification.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Oh I'm impressed, he drew, fired and stopped the BG within 2 seconds. Was just wondering and I too was wondering why I didn't hear Three 'Pop's' at least.

To me it showed a professional level of restraint. The dude went down immediately and was no longer a threat. The officer ceased firing. Text book.

Speaking of the dude going down so quick, seems like his intent was suicide by cop. A motivated attacker at that range would have likely ended much worse for the officer.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    To me it showed a professional level of restraint. The dude went down immediately and was no longer a threat. The officer ceased firing. Text book.

If that is indeed what happened ;)

Looked to be fumbling a little to me, and then shot goes off, hits dude in leg, dude falls on face (he's not going to shoot him in the back) and if you'll notice the officer has MORE than his service pistol in his shooting hand. Looked like he was still holding on to the ticket and pen maybe. Something that will defintely break a firm grip and throw off your aim wouldn't you say?

:dunno:

Top Bottom