Man who pushed to make carrying a gun on school property a felony carries a gun there

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...tes-defend-man-who-had-gun-in-school-20140207

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.

He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.

No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.

Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Those who have worked with him also said they believe it was an honest mistake.

iVLqLVOG3A51R.gif

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Has anyone on this site ever "forgotten" they have a CCW on their person? I doubt it...
    Even if you did, due to your uber-comfortable IWB holster, just for a moment, don't you think once you are told that there's someone in the building with a gun, and you take action (moved himself and kids to a room), that you'd "suddenly remember"?
    This reeks of BS....
    If you forget you are carrying....then maybe you should not carry...he didn't forget...

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Dwayne is full of crap. He says he didn't know he had the gun on him. He was instrumental in passing said law. Yes...its called KARMA. He should face the full extent of the law. While in jail....He can then spend some time tweaking the law to allow conceal permit holders to carry on school grounds. I have no sympathy for hypocrites and liars. IMO...He is both.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Further proof for my belief of Karma... I hope he goes down for it, and loses his right to own a gun. I can carry at work, so have a gun on me almost all day. UNLESS, I need to go to the post office, courthouse, or any place I am not allowed to carry. I just remove the gun when I need to go to one of those places. It ain't rocket science.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Something stinks. If he forgot he had the gun on him, and was carrying it concealed so well that he forgot about it, then who would have known that he had a gun on him to place the call? 3 calls actually. Also, *Dwayne’s reaction was to get his kids – he had about 50 of them – and make sure they were safe,* Giles explained. *He led them into the cafeteria and closed the doors.* That's great, that's commendable, but how is that different than any other CHP holder? Do people think oh, this is what Dwayne did, but anyone else with a gun would have started instantly shooting at people, so we still need to keep CHP holders unarmed in schools?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom