Mandeville "Hero" to be Prosecuted?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    He was playing hero. However you want to define hero is up to you.

If thats all it takes I want a full on comic book, cartoons and action figure made of me. Cause "Here I've come to save the day" and "right down a lp or two".

Its your monkey make me a story board for the first episode please.

Oh and I need a theme song. Would play that funky music whitebread be a no no!
    :rofl:

Last edited:

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    My stance has become my taxes take care of enough people and I'm sick and tired of giving money away. I don't want free **** and I wanna keep what I earn. Before I go out helping others I'm gonna help myself that's just how it's gonna be.

So my point is he helped others where is everyone helping him? He got the short end of the stick and no one is gonna do a damm thing for him. Think that store clerk is gonna max out his credit cards helping him? Nope! I won't help people that won't help themselves. If that store clerk had jumped that counter I may have got involved but if the person being attacked won't stand up why should I?

Edit to add: at the rate y'all are helping y'all's neighbor he's gonna need a gov appointed lawyer lol.

Others have donated $550 so far.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

People are dumb.

Speaking of...I saw a guy tonight at the mall in Metairie OCing in the wobbliest holster ever. Dude had long hair and just looked super sketchy. Yes I was judging. People like that want a gun for attention.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Has the grand jury moved forward in this case yet? Also who advised him to get a "criminal" defense lawyer? Did he retain the lawyer yet?

I'm hesitant to donate to much after the melted Glock scam.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Has the grand jury moved forward in this case yet? Also who advised him to get a "criminal" defense lawyer? Did he retain the lawyer yet?

I'm hesitant to donate to much after the melted Glock scam.

I know your probably half kidding, and I haven't donated and probably won't until its evident there is a need. But I will put my money where my mouth is, if he is actually indicted or sued as a result of this shooting I will donate a few bucks and I hope anyone who carries for self defense will also.

Regaurdless if you think he was playing superman or just the man in the yellow hat (if you dont get that reference you likely dont have small children) he was attacked and as it sounds he shot out of last resort. That could happen to any of us, and we need to stand behind him as advocates for the 2nd ammendment and our rights to protect ourselves.

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    I have heard nothing about a grand jury being convened to address this. Has anyone read anything, besides the links in the original post, that states a grand jury is addressing this matter?
    Thanks.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I know your probably half kidding, and I haven't donated and probably won't until its evident there is a need. But I will put my money where my mouth is, if he is actually indicted or sued as a result of this shooting I will donate a few bucks and I hope anyone who carries for self defense will also.

Regaurdless if you think he was playing superman or just the man in the yellow hat (if you dont get that reference you likely dont have small children) he was attacked and as it sounds he shot out of last resort. That could happen to any of us, and we need to stand behind him as advocates for the 2nd ammendment and our rights to protect ourselves.

Really. Who gave the advice to get a criminal defense lawyer the DA, his wife, his lawn guy, investigators, a lawyer who? It seems everyone is saying he was justified. Who informed him that the grand jury may move forward with criminal charges? I'm not being a smart @ss I just wanna understand more about the process.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    People are dumb.

Speaking of...I saw a guy tonight at the mall in Metairie OCing in the wobbliest holster ever. Dude had long hair and just looked super sketchy. Yes I was judging. People like that want a gun for attention.

Yea... If you're going OC, and you have a Nylon Gun Show Special clipped to your pocket, you don't need to be carrying a gun.

Good example, here:

Open_Carry_of_a_9mm_Browning_Hi_Power_in_Eagle,_Colorado.jpg

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    a man who wears the shirt of a 10 yr old and that hat has no choice but to Open Carry in whatever holster he can find

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    a man who wears the shirt of a 10 yr old and that hat has no choice but to Open Carry in whatever holster he can find

Are you f'ng kidding? The gun? The hat? Those glasses? That nearly skin tight thermal showing off that chiseled physique? This guy is not your typical OC'er, this dude is a lady killer! :p

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Yup!

However, I strongly advise some type of personal liability insurance. And though needing it is probably very unlikely, it coincides with the unlikeliness of actual using your gun to defend yourself. Same odds! ;)

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yea... If you're going OC, and you have a Nylon Gun Show Special clipped to your pocket, you don't need to be carrying a gun.

Good example, here:

Open_Carry_of_a_9mm_Browning_Hi_Power_in_Eagle,_Colorado.jpg

Like I said earlier in the thread, I have yet to see an OC with even a level 1 retention holster. If I was going to OC, then I would wear service type slacks, a polo shirt, and use a gun belt with a level 2 retention holster and leather extra mag pouch. That way you would look professional and have your weapon secured instead being vulnerable("He grabbed on the gun in my chicken **** holster so I feared for my life.")

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Like I said earlier in the thread, I have yet to see an OC with even a level 1 retention holster. If I was going to OC, then I would wear service type slacks, a polo shirt, and use a gun belt with a level 2 retention holster and leather extra mag pouch. That way you would look professional and have your weapon secured instead being vulnerable("He grabbed on the gun in my chicken **** holster so I feared for my life.")

I agree that would be prudent;however, the 2nd Amendment does not have a dress code.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    True, but being a complete toolbag is ill-advised.

target-2-630.jpg

I've used these pictures multiple times.

These are fine, the above is not.

982d6795-d815-439d-9ae6-a13d6b4315fb.jpg

BN-EF674_0822op_G_20140822143314.jpg

28386open_carry_gun_120425.jpg

This **** is not

jwj-gun-rally-0083.jpg

This is America there are no laws that ban the stupid or the ugly from society, and thats because they are subjective qualities. Personally I dont see a problem with MIC if you want to blast yourself in thr twig and giggle berries thats your call.

Top Bottom