March 600y Field Precision Rifle Match at Palo Alto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rm76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2007
    Texas
    Woah - that line is going to be smokin'!!! I suppose I'm going to drag this old worm out body toting this old worn out rifle to the line on Saturday and be content slinging some lead down range thru all that smoke.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    We gonna have some fun!
    Brian and Jimbo, y'all be careful on the drive in from Mississippi.

Mr Ray, good to see you are going to get to make it!

Bill, bring your .308 and some of that annealed brass and come play!

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Brian Alexander is going to show up????? Wow! I thought he was like Bigfoot. You only catch glimpses of him, but no real sightings!!! Lol

It'll be good to see you again, Brian.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    ^^^ This x100. I just kinda stumbled into my first match just a month ago, and the first impression I had was how safe, easy, and professional thay are run. These guys are dedicated, and you can tell they do it simply for love of the game. You just can't help getting caught up in the enthusiasm.

I shot today, and yes I sucked, but every time I go I get some help and encouragement from all directions, along with some fun productive trigger time. I am getting a little better already, and I can't tell you how valuable the help has been.

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Field Precision Rifle Match at Palo Alto
    March 9, 2013
    We had a great turnout for the March FPR match at Palo Alto. 24 shooters showed to shoot in some challenging conditions.
    In the No Bag Class, Jim Speaks shot an outstanding score of 582-13x to take first place. Rob Westfall takes 2nd place honors with a 577-15x.
    In the Rear Bag Class, Ray McClain set the pace shooting a 586-13x for a 1st place finish. Ted Torres finishes with a 583-25 to take the 2nd place spot.
    7 shooters showed to shoot the match as a F Class practice match. Bill Jenkins took the top slot with a 587-26X shooting from a sling.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and shooting a safe match. We hope that everyone had a great time. Special thanks to those that helped ready targets and put out/picked up flags. As a reminder, we are going to have a target repair day in preparation for our April regional match on the morning of March 23(2 weeks out). We look to be started for 0800 and finish within a few hours if we have enough show to help.
    Rick, Ted, and Mickey

No Bag
    Jim Speaks 582-13x 1st
    Rob Westfall 577-15x 2nd
    Charles Feltus 576-12x
    Brian Alexander 567-14x
    Ian Vincent 496-3x
    Glenn Rountree 429-2x

Rear Bag
    Ray McClain 586-13x 1st
    Ted Torres 583-25x 2nd
    Tony Acrement 578-15x
    Mickey Brinkman 571-22x
    Brandon Tullas 561-8x
    Craig Martin 557-6x
    Dwight Hebert 512-5x
    Claude Toney 512-2x
    Eric Smith 470-1x
    Joseph Chirop 443-3x
    Greg Schexnaider DNF

F Class Practice
    Bill Jenkins 587-26x
    Alton Britt 586-29x
    Bob Lundholm 582-18x
    Chip Noel 511-18x
    David Harris DNF
    Louis Vitrano DNF
    Deaton Harris DNF

rm76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2007
    Texas
    Rick, Ted and even Mickey too, you guys do an excellent job running these matches, FPR has turned into a major event and we all have you guys to thank four it.

Agreed!!! Kudos to these guys who make it possible for the rest of us to have a safe and fun day shooting.

Brian, enjoyed seeing you and Jimbo again, and I enjoyed meeting some new faces.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I just wanted to thank everybody who helped me out and showed me the ropes at my first match. I had a blast and learned a lot. I really felt welcome and like a part of the group. Looking forward to shooting on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    It was a great day to shoot.....once I got it on X and came back from a 188 on the first string to finish with a 583.....WHEW!

Alexander, I really thought that crossfire was Mickey and Jimbo giving me a taste of my own medicine. I guess he can't claim that tight of grouping though now. lol.

Top Bottom