March on capital Jan19 for 2nd amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    The rally made it to NBC 33 News Click Here

"More than 500 people carrying banners, flags and signs rallied against new gun control policies proposed by President Barack Obama"

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Okay, I went and supported the cause. I was hoping there would be a bigger turn out, but I get the feeling most of us are pretty conservative types who don't go to "protests" much. (I know this was my first) I generally see these type things on TV and think "Don't you people have something better to do?"

I see where there is supposed to be another on Feb 8th. I will be at work that day earning taxable dollars to keep our government running. If any of you guys have schedules that will allow it please try to show up. Many other things that I would rather be doing, but same as calling reps and Senators it's gotta be done.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't think the word got out that well.

Also, the news was saying that the plans were to go out and buy guns and gun related products. Not much was said about going to protest.

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    There were close to 500 people that signed the petition at the rally Saturday and another 200 people who signed the petition at the Gonzales Gun Show afterwards.

The event was thrown together with only a week and a half to organize it. The organizers had two sheriff's and two other politicians who were supposed to speak, but they backed out at the last minute.

What we are pushing for is support of HLS 13RS-260 by House Representative Jim Morris and Brett Geyman which provides that any federal law which attempts to ban a semiautomatic firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state is unenforceable

The bill is to be known as "Louisiana Preservation of Individual Gun Rights of Citizens Act"

1822. Legislative Findings

The legislature hereby finds and declares that the right to keep and bear arms is a constitutionally protected in both the federal and state constitutions. The provisions of this Part are designed to preserve those rights for Louisiana citizens.

§1823. Federal law or rule invalid in Louisiana

A. Any federal law, rule, regulation or executive order adopted or enacted on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable within the borders of the state of Louisiana if the law, rule, regulation or executive order attempts to do any of the following:

(1) Ban or restrict the ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm as defined by federal law.
    (2) Require that any firearm, magazine or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

B. The provisions of this Section shall only apply to firearms which are owned or manufactured within the state of Louisiana and remain exclusively within the borders of the state of Louisiana.

§1824. Enforcement prohibition; penalties

A. It shall be unlawful for any official, agent, or employee of the United States Government to enforce or attempt to enforce a federal law, rule, regulation, or executive order as prohibited in R.S. 40:1823.

B. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than two years, or both.

§1825. Attorney general
    The office of the attorney general of the state of Louisiana shall defend any Louisiana citizen who is charged with possession or ownership of a firearm in violation of any federal law, rule, regulation, or executive order prohibited in R.S. 40:1823.

bigchris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    CHACKBAY,LA
    There were close to 500 people that signed the petition at the rally Saturday and another 200 people who signed the petition at the Gonzales Gun Show afterwards.

The event was thrown together with only a week and a half to organize it. The organizers had two sheriff's and two other politicians who were supposed to speak, but they backed out at the last minute.

What we are pushing for is support of HLS 13RS-260 by House Representative Jim Morris and Brett Geyman which provides that any federal law which attempts to ban a semiautomatic firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state is unenforceable

The bill is to be known as "Louisiana Preservation of Individual Gun Rights of Citizens Act"

The legislature hereby finds and declares that the right to keep and bear arms is a constitutionally protected in both the federal and state constitutions. The provisions of this Part are designed to preserve those rights for Louisiana citizens.

A. Any federal law, rule, regulation or executive order adopted or enacted on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable within the borders of the state of Louisiana if the law, rule, regulation or executive order attempts to do any of the following:

(1) Ban or restrict the ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm as defined by federal law.
    (2) Require that any firearm, magazine or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

B. The provisions of this Section shall only apply to firearms which are owned or manufactured within the state of Louisiana and remain exclusively within the borders of the state of Louisiana.

A. It shall be unlawful for any official, agent, or employee of the United States Government to enforce or attempt to enforce a federal law, rule, regulation, or executive order as prohibited in R.S. 40:1823.

B. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five thousand dollars, imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than two years, or both.

§1825. Attorney general
    The office of the attorney general of the state of Louisiana shall defend any Louisiana citizen who is charged with possession or ownership of a firearm in violation of any federal law, rule, regulation, or executive order prohibited in R.S. 40:1823.

Is this something that will be voted on anytime soon? Or i guess a better question is what needs to happen to make this a law in Louisiana???

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    In addition, there is a call for the citizens of Louisiana to contact their sheriff's to prohibit any federal agents from enforcing any mandates which violates the 2nd Amendment

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Had a few people there
    teTJmcO.jpg

^^Me in the red shirt. :wavey:

I'm not exactly good at estimating crowds, but I figured there was closer to 1000 people. Either way, I think those of us in LA are more or less apathetic to coming out for something like this because we're already so pro gun. I think a lot of people figure what's the point. Of the 5 or so people that told me they'd be out there, one came. Thanks Bob.

AFFS, you were easily the best speaker. Thank you.

PinGorilla

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lafayette, LA

§1825. Attorney general

This needs to get stickied somewhere where it is highly visible. Also would be nice to have an official Louisiana Gov't link to this bill proving it is real. I can't seem to find anything about it on the NET.

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    The draft was written on 1/16/2013 by Representatives Jim Morris and Brett Geymann and it is to be written into Part V of Chapter 9 of Title 40 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950 to be comprised of R.S. 40:1821 through 1825, relative to the regulation of firearms

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There were a lot of competing events around town during this. It is unfortunate about the lack of enthusiasm and the turnout. There was really no need to hurry this event and jam it together so quickly; and on top of other events.

This should be attempted again, but with some planning and either right before or during the next Legislative session.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    There were a lot of competing events around town during this. It is unfortunate about the lack of enthusiasm and the turnout. There was really no need to hurry this event and jam it together so quickly; and on top of other events.

This should be attempted again, but with some planning and either right before or during the next Legislative session.

Hopefully one where OC will be legal.

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Pretty good turnout judging from the pics and the news story, esp. for such a short lead time. Now that my CHP renewal is taken care of (had to attend on the 19th), I'll make turns to be at the next one for sure! Hope to see a couple of thousand at the next rally, that would be great!

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I saw a few guys open carrying at the protest. Talked to one he said he wasn't told anything after talking to a few cops and didn't know he couldn't carry.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom